Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    CVX350 vs DVX200?

2. Collapse Details
    Different cameras for different purposes. The DVX200 sensor is twice as big, and it has VLog-L. If you need a handheld camera that has more of a cinema look and feel, the DVX200 is the only choice.

Other than that, the CX350 looks to be outstanding, and it does have features the DVX200 doesn't have, and it is smaller and much lighter and has a longer zoom range.

So, if you need shallow DOF and VLog, the DVX is it. For most any other handheld usage, I think the CX350 offers a lot of advantages.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks

4. Collapse Details
    What about AF? I have had so many GH cameras with poor to horrible video autofocus, stills are fine. Also I do not see sensitivity rating/

5. Collapse Details
    lowlight comparable to Sony EX1r?

6. Collapse Details
    Looks more like the UX180 than the DVX200 to my eyes. Some bumps in recording capability, a little better screen, a little worse VF.

7. Collapse Details
    Agreed, this isn't really a DVX-200 replacement. Without V-Log, DCI 4K, or much bragging about the lens (unlike the Leica on the DVX-200) or dynamic range, it seems a different target audience. Maybe this will be a better match for much of the run-and-gun audience out there. It says a new 15 MP sensor but no mention of BSI ...

I'd still like to see Panasonic out-do BlackMagic and build a better DVX-200 that does well in low light and competes more closely with the Ursa Mini Pro... but that might be too close to the EVA-1 for the company (I hope not).

8. Collapse Details
    Having more closely read specs and detailed reviews - the CX350 is a Really nice camera! Panasonic has said it is selling really well (and it should). It doesn't have some things that I'd like for my DVX200 v2 - the autofocus transition that is in the dvx, the MF43 multi-aspect sensor like the gh5s, dual-iso and/or BSI sensor (dream!) for better low light. Some would really like face detection and/or phase-detect AF, and I could use that too but it isn't so critical for my needs.

I guess I'm back to debating GH5s vs. BM pocket cinema camera, leaning towards the GH5s. The UMP II is also Very nice but not low light I gather and is much more expensive esp. considering add-ons.

9. Collapse Details
    Went to NAB this year and saw the CX350 there. A pretty impressive camera! It seemed it would fit very well into the event type work we shoot, so I did some more research on it when upon returning to LA.
    Ordered one 2 days ago from Filmtools and am anxious to do some testing along side my DVX200.
    We shoot a lot of concerts and other events, and it will be used alongside the DVX. I love the DVX200, however I am getting a bit "up there" age wise, and would appreciate the lighter weight of the CX350. So yes the weight was a factor.
    Another factor was the availability of shooting in 422 10 bit in camera.
    It also seems a bit better suited for the event world we work in. If it works out as well as I expect I will likely order at least one more.
    Will post more notes on my results once it gets here.
    Last edited by sewolla; 04-20-2019 at 07:52 AM. Reason: typo correction

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    Since you do event work, also an interest of mine - have you done any more research into low light on the CX350? I know it has a HIGH SENS setting but is otherwise not dual-ISO or possessing a BSI sensor, but it still sounds quite impressive. I'm wondering about noise in low light settings ... probably still better than the FPN in some BM cameras but with a fixed lens the choices are of course somewhat limited.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast