Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

The post by J.Brown is hidden due to low votes. Click the arrow to the right to expand it.

1. Collapse Details
    Nice offering from Panny at a great price! Interested in how this camera will be in low light?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Nice. I'm curious how the focus tracking works on this camera. If it's as good as Canon's Dual Pixel Auto Focus for touchscreen face tracking, I'll be very intertested.
    Jaime VallÚs
    AJV Media
    Video, Photography & Graphic Design: www.ajvmedia.com

3. Collapse Details
    This camera has some great features but one major drawback, which is, one of the media slots is a micro p2, hence right now a 64gb cost $320. Since this is a Panasonic priority card with no competition I do not see the microp2 cards ever being as affordable. I love my UX90 and the ability to record long format shoots on two cards simultaneously with inexpensive SD cards. You only need to run into a damaged file or sd card once to realize the importance of dual recording.

4. Collapse Details
    I think that the slots can take both types of card. https://pro-av.panasonic.net/en/prod...x350/spec.html

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Looks interesting indeed!
    I realize this is more of a 4K PX270 replacement, but one can't help but compare it to the UX180 which was only about $200 less when it came out in 2016.
    I see the effective sensor of the CX350 is 5170 x 2908 (15.00 MP) vs 9.36MP of the UX180. This should allow for good stabilization in 4K UHD and more resolved detail in UHD than the UX180.
    Surprised to see the EVF is lower res than the UX180.
    I hope the (slightly higher res) LCD isn't a glossy mirror like the UX180.
    It doesn't seem to be able to record 4K DCI like the UX180 can.
    I hope they got better 120fps HD out of the CX350 than the UX180.
    Looks like it still uses the old DVX style batteries.
    I *think* you can use dual SDXC cards and not be required to use micro P2 in one.
    As far as the dual recording, relay record, dual codec record and other options the UX180 has.......?

I wonder how well you could match up the UX180 with the CX350 in two camera shoots?
    Will the new .mov Codecs import into current NLEs? How about in CS6? I don't see the old .mp4 as an option

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    120 fps at 1/60 would yield 60 fps, with every frame duplicated. The slowest shutter speed you can use at 120 fps is 1/120. That's a universal law, not anything any camera manufacturer can violate.

Now, in the past we have seen cameras employ slow shutter speeds, like 1/15 or 1/8, but still the rule holds -- those slow shutter speeds cause frame duplication. There's no way you can expose a frame for longer than it exists...
    Examine video from 'slower than possible' shutter, e.g 1/15 or 1/8. You'll see ghosting and trails. This is from adding together multiple frames to simulate a slower shutter. If there's no movement, it will appear brighter etc., and look like it should at that shutter speed (net exposure). As soon as there's any motion, the trick is exposed, pardon the pun. This ultra motion blur could be used for dramatic effect. This same trick has been used in low light to help reduce noise (averaging frames reduces noise), however the ghosting artifacts can be undesirable in some cases. For example, the C300 II uses this trick, and in order to turn it off, NR must be set to -1 (at 0 the trick is still enabled).

To get pleasing slow motion, 120fps would use a 1/240 shutter when slowed down to 24fps in post => the 2x shutter to FPS guideline for slomo. Higher shutter speeds can also be used (and software can add motion blur in post). Slower shutter speeds produce unpleasing motion cadence.

7. Collapse Details
    I wish these cameras had a 3.5mm audio input like some of my old cameras did in addition to dual XLR. Sometimes that is handy and I miss that. Anyone else?

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    I wish these cameras had a 3.5mm audio input like some of my old cameras did in addition to dual XLR. Sometimes that is handy and I miss that. Anyone else?
    What do you want to mount on the camera that has a 3.5mm plug ?

9. Collapse Details
    That would be great as this camera has a lot of potential.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast