Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Feeley View Post
    I followed the "Register Your Product" link from this page:
    https://na.panasonic.com/us/support/references/56

And that brings me to a "Standard+ Warranty Product Registration" page hosted by Survey Monkey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/standardplus

And on that page, the AG-CX350 is listed...

So maybe that'll do it for you?

(I was compelled to figure this out because I'm likely to buy a CX350 later this month)

Thanks for the link, Jim. It worked. One of the fields on the form was labeled "Shirt Size". WTF?
    Last edited by nutmegger; 06-10-2019 at 11:19 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    A couple of days after receiving my CX350, I took it to a local wings and wheels show to test the camera out. It was a windy day and I did not have OIS enabled, so there is some camera shake. Below is a link to some of the test video I shot. Edited in FCPX ungraded. What you see is what was captured by the camera. If I could do it over, I would have used a higher frame rate. I tried using the camera"s super slow mode, but I got a incompatible memory card error message. My memory card must not have been fast enough. Ordered V90 memory cards. Based on my limited testing, I have three Panasonic requests for future firmware upgrades to this camera.
    1) Auto Focus: Improve auto focus. It is a bit slow and does not always hold focus.
    2) Focus Assist: Give the option to have both Enlarge and Peaking enabled at the same time.
    3) Wave For Monitor: A larger WFM display. Press the WFM button a second time for a larger WFM display.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fyMJv9_G4M

Enjoy.
    Last edited by nutmegger; 06-10-2019 at 11:58 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nutmegger View Post
    I tried using the camera"s super slow mode, but I got a incompatible memory card error message. My memory card must not have been fast enough. Ordered V90 memory cards. Based on my limited testing, I have three Panasonic requests for future firmware upgrades to this camera.
    1) Auto Focus: Improve auto focus. It is a bit slow and does not always hold focus.
    2) Focus Assist: Give the option to have both Enlarge and Peaking enabled at the same time.
    3) Wave For Monitor: A larger WFM display. Press the WFM button a second time for a larger WFM display.
    There are actually two different 120 fps Super Slow recording modes which record at different bitrates. This isn't super obvious from the menu, but it is determined by the base (non-super slow) recording format. So the Long GOP Super Slow recording format uses 200 Mbps and only requires U3 or V30 SD cards. The All-I Super Slow recording format is at 400 Mbps and requires V60 or V90 SD cards. A bit more discussion of this from earlier in this thread:
    http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...post1986785468

1) The UX180 and DVX200 had autofocus speed and autofocus sensitivity settings in their menus, but this seems to be missing from the CX350. Not sure why. All you can really adjust in terms of autofocus on the CX350 is the autofocus area.

2) If you assign Peaking to one of the buttons and set the focus assist mode to Expand, then it is possible to have peaking enabled while the view is expanded (by pressing the Peaking button when in the Focus Assist mode). Or you can also do the reverse, and assign Expand to one of the buttons and use the Focus Assist button for Peaking. It would be nice if you could set the Focus Assist button to Expand + Peaking though so it wouldn't require two button presses for this though.

3) Agree 100% about the size of the waveform display, it would be great to have an option to view a larger size. The vector scope in particular is not terribly useful at that tiny size.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaller View Post
    Does anyone know which picture profiles on the CX350 would be best to use when trying to match with the GH5/GH5s on a multi-camera shoot?
    Since the CX350 has far more color and picture adjustments than the GH5/GH5s, it is probably easier to use the GH5 as the baseline and try to match the CX350 to that.

I looked briefly into this for the GH5s and it seems like probably GH5 Natural/CX350 Spark (scene file 3) or GH5 Cinelike-D/CX350 Cine (scene file 5) would be the best starting points. The Cine profile uses a different color matrix from the other scene files, so it's a better match for the Cinelike profiles on the GH5 (as you might expect). The Normal1 color matrix (used by scene file 1) and the Normal2 color matrix (used by scene file 3, Spark), seem to be a closer match to the most of the standard (non-Cine/non-Log) picture profiles on the GH5.

The GH5 has more saturation and contrast by default in most of its picture profiles than the CX350. So I would probably bump up the Chroma Level to +10 or so (as Jarek suggested). I might also bring down the Master Pedestal (most of the CX350 scene files seem to have this at +16 by default, but the GH5 seems lower in most of its profiles).

From there, if you have a color chart and external monitor with vectorscope, you can probably fine tune the color matrix to match more closely, if needed (using the Color Correction settings in the CX350 scene file menu). But hopefully that gets you in the ballpark.

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks davedv, that's what I'm looking for. I will explore those suggestions further.
    Panasonic HPX-250, GH3, GH4, GH5, GH5s, AG-CX350 / lenses - Lumix 12-35, Lumix 35-100, 14mm, 20mm, 45-200mm, Oly 45mm, Rokinon 85mm

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536