Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    But isn't AVC-Intra only avail recording on MicroP2 in December?
    We don't know the details, I don't know for sure whether AVC-Intra will be MicroP2-only or if it will be allowed on V30 or V60 cards. In all honesty I don't expect it to be that big of a deal since the CX350 already has the ALL-I 100mbps 4:2:2 1080p recording format, so the inclusion of AVC-Intra is probably for more interoperational compatibility within an existing P2/MXF workflow. I doubt there will be any quality difference between the AVC-Intra and the existing ALL-I codec, and if there is any difference I don't expect it to be substantial.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    I wonder how fast the RTMP streams are and if the NDI-signal can be streamed or put on a virtual local network. Also if the camera can be controlled over the Internet or if it needs a virtual LAN. Like using an AW-RP50 remote camera controller over the Internet.

I work for a sports broadcast company, and would be nice to remove extra hardware like TCP-streamers and to be able setting WB, exposure and pp-settings from a PCR/MCR with proper reference screens...
    We generally send the picture over TCP or a safer UDP version with 1 sec delay, for adding graphics and commentators offsite.
    Last edited by High1ander; 04-21-2019 at 07:06 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nutmegger View Post
    bfjewett, you probably missed it but this video was covered a couple of weeks ago in post #221.
    Quite right, my mistake not to have caught that. In any case I should have amended it to say "not pleased with AF but otherwise quite impressed with the camera" at least for what I have seen.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrantly View Post
    I find it interesting that there is so much interest in a new handycam which seemed to be a dying form factor in lieu of such cams as the Canon 100 series or other economy "cinema cams". That form factor crowded the handycam format out of the market for several years.

Grant
    I'm not at all convinced the handycam form factor is dying. There are plenty of camcorders with fixed lenses out there. They don't have the cachet - or often, the cost, or presumably the profit margin - of cinema cams, and if the lens is "good enough" for 90% of the use cases of the owner - why not? Camcorders (often) bring NDs and XLR audio (that don't feel like an afterthought as seems true for mirrorless CSCs) and at least minimal audio controls without diving down into menus. I'd much prefer the interchangeable lens option, but for some cameras that means a step up in price for perhaps not enough use cases. In the meantime, it is wonderful to have choices. There are things I wish the CX-350 had - I'm still on the fence on it vs. GH5s vs. something else - but it seems to be a particularly powerful camera for those in need of flexibility and minimal time to be up and shooting.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by High1ander View Post
    I wonder how fast the RTMP streams are and if the NDI-signal can be streamed or put on a virtual local network. Also if the camera can be controlled over the Internet or if it needs a virtual LAN. Like using an AW-RP50 remote camera controller over the Internet.

I work for a sports broadcast company, and would be nice to remove extra hardware like TCP-streamers and to be able setting WB, exposure and pp-settings from a PCR/MCR with proper reference screens...
    We generally send the picture over TCP or a safer UDP version with 1 sec delay, for adding graphics and commentators offsite.
    Have you looked at the new JVC GY-HC500SPC https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ed_cam_4k.html and the JVC GY-HC550 https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...broadcast.html camcorders?

6. Collapse Details
    Your preaching to the choir. For me, the handycam form factor is where I live with a PX270 + DSLR raw. Of course for a long time lower end users wanted an improved AF100 and Panny delivered it mostly withe the EVA1 along with a price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by bfjewett View Post
    I'm not at all convinced the handycam form factor is dying. There are plenty of camcorders with fixed lenses out there. They don't have the cachet - or often, the cost, or presumably the profit margin - of cinema cams, and if the lens is "good enough" for 90% of the use cases of the owner - why not? Camcorders (often) bring NDs and XLR audio (that don't feel like an afterthought as seems true for mirrorless CSCs) and at least minimal audio controls without diving down into menus. I'd much prefer the interchangeable lens option, but for some cameras that means a step up in price for perhaps not enough use cases. In the meantime, it is wonderful to have choices. There are things I wish the CX-350 had - I'm still on the fence on it vs. GH5s vs. something else - but it seems to be a particularly powerful camera for those in need of flexibility and minimal time to be up and shooting.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrantly View Post
    Your preaching to the choir. For me, the handycam form factor is where I live with a PX270 + DSLR raw. Of course for a long time lower end users wanted an improved AF100 and Panny delivered it mostly withe the EVA1 along with a price tag.
    I guess I must note that both the AF100 and the EVA1 are interchangeable lens cameras.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nutmegger View Post
    Have you looked at the new JVC GY-HC500SPC https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ed_cam_4k.html and the JVC GY-HC550 https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...broadcast.html camcorders?
    looking interesting spec wise with all flavors of ProRez and a few other things until i saw the LCD screen resolution...800 x 480 (384,000 Dots)

wow!

thud.

david

9. Collapse Details
    Of course Mitch, I didn't mean to confuse the issue.

The AF100 was an inexpensive cinema cam that IMHO, squeezed more than a few folks away from buying a HPX-250 (at the time). It seems like a great idea, build handycam with interchangeable lenses for an economy price. I never owned one, but there are still people waxing eloquence in the AF100 section. Through the life of the AF100, there were multiple threads requesting a better codec than AVCHD and a better sensor for a little more money, Think AF200 with the now ubiquitous 1" sensor, I-frame codec and 422 color. The EVA1 happened and of course it seems like a really great cam (I'd love to have one) except it is about double the price of the AF100 and rigged out, about double the price of a 270. But the dream for me was to leverage my DSLR glass on a reasonably priced cam.

I migrated from a 170 to the 270 and have been really happy with upgrade. For small corporate work, the 270 delivers about everything I could want. It may not be as cinematic as the EVA1 or the Canon offerings with interchangeable lenses, but it really hasn't been a problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    I guess I must note that both the AF100 and the EVA1 are interchangeable lens cameras.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930