Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks a lot for the tips on settings. I have also been tweaking the HLG settings in the camera and am getting more and more pleased. (using a Ninja V to monitor. A day or so more and I think I'll be there with settings to fit my personal taste and require little grading. Only remains the firmware "bug" that tricks FCPX to believe its REC709. The images are in the correct colorspace but with the wrong metadata but that can be forced with settings in FCPC . Thanks again./ Mats

2. Collapse Details
    Snagged a second one!

Although I am noticing some weirdness with the hdmi output. It doesn’t seem to be playing nice with my Roland video mixer.
    Shoot for the Impossible...Then do it.

www.jarek.com
    Red Weapon 8K

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Zabczynski View Post
    Snagged a second one!

Although I am noticing some weirdness with the hdmi output. It doesn’t seem to be playing nice with my Roland video mixer.
    In UHD? Check if your mixer supports 18gbps HDMI, or if it only supports 10.2 gbps. You can adjust the CX's output to match.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Barry, is it safe to assume this Core SWX battery is compatible with the CX350?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...led_gauge.html

Thanks.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    In UHD? Check if your mixer supports 18gbps HDMI, or if it only supports 10.2 gbps. You can adjust the CX's output to match.

1080p output. When it goes into the mixer the image is slightly cropped in and pixelated. Same signal out looks fine when connected right to a 1080p monitor. It’s weird, never seen anything like that before.
    Shoot for the Impossible...Then do it.

www.jarek.com
    Red Weapon 8K

6. Collapse Details
    Yes, that Core SWX is compatible and sticks out less than 1.5 inches out the back.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nutmegger View Post
    Barry, is it safe to assume this Core SWX battery is compatible with the CX350?
    The CX350 is backwards-compatible with the CGA-D54 series, which dates all the way back to the DVX100 over 15 years ago. So pretty much any battery that's been made for a Panasonic pro handheld camera will work. The only exception was for the AVCHD-only cameras, most of those used a different type of battery which isn't compatible. The newest batteries they make have a charge gauge readout on them; these new batteries can't be used in the old cameras but the old style batteries and the new batteries can both be used in the new cameras.

Any battery that works with the DVX100, DVX200, HPX250, HPX170, HVX200, UX180, UX90, PX270, AC90 or EVA1 will work.
    Batteries that work with the AF100, HMC40, HMC80, HMC150, AC130 and AC160 will not work.

The DVX200 is a special case, it uses the new batteries but only the new batteries, it's not compatible with the old batteries. And it has an enclosed battery compartment so there's a limit on how big of a battery can be fit in it.
    Last edited by Barry_Green; 03-15-2019 at 11:40 AM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    I have an HPX250 and am considering upgrading to the CX-350. Would this be a wise upgrade path taking into account, quality, codecs and ergonimcs?
    Panasonic HPX-250, HMC-40, GH2, GH3, GH4 / lenses - Lumix 12-35, Lumix 35-100, 14mm, 20mm, 45-200mm, Oly 45mm, Rokinon 85mm

9. Collapse Details
    Well... literally everything on the CX350 is better than anything on the HPX250. I just pulled out my old HPX250 to do a comparison test a week or two ago, and it was shocking how gigantic and clumsy the 250 was, as compared to the sleek and ergonomic 350. The HPX250's lens is 22x, where the CX350's is 20x (optically), but ... you can use the lossless i.Zoom feature to get 24x out of it in UHD, and 32x when in HD. The sensor is bigger, so you get shallower DOF, the sensor is more sensitive so you get better low light performance, the camera is UHD so it's much sharper, and it records on SDXC cards so you can get dramatically longer record times for less money. It has many more picture profile options, it can stream video directly to the internet, it can be integrated into an NDI|HX environment, it's remote-controllable via an iPad or Android device, it shoots high dynamic range video, and in a future firmware update it'll even support AVC-Intra and AVC-LongG recording onto MicroP2 cards.

From my vantage point, an HPX250 to a CX350 would be a substantial upgrade. The only possible thing I can even think of that wouldn't be markedly better would be the zoom ring, the HPX250 still has the ability to use a fully manual mechanical zoom and the CX350 doesn't. And the wired remote control protocol changed, so if you have wired remote controllers from the 250 they won't work with the CX350. But all your batteries will.

10. Collapse Details
    Thank you very much for responding Barry. I knew you had and still have an HPX250 and I was hoping that you would respond with the most concise and accurate comparison. Very much appreciated! I will be upgrading. Thank you!
    Panasonic HPX-250, HMC-40, GH2, GH3, GH4 / lenses - Lumix 12-35, Lumix 35-100, 14mm, 20mm, 45-200mm, Oly 45mm, Rokinon 85mm

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast