Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Have you seen the new three small chip panasonic camcorders? AG-CX10, HC-X2000 and HC-X1500. Panasonic claims that have new autofocus system and face recognition. Do you expect a new firmware update on the CX350 to implement these autofocus improvements? Face recognition would be great!

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mitteg View Post
    Have you seen the new three small chip panasonic camcorders? AG-CX10, HC-X2000 and HC-X1500. Panasonic claims that have new autofocus system and face recognition. Do you expect a new firmware update on the CX350 to implement these autofocus improvements? Face recognition would be great!
    The new cameras look interesting, especially if you need something compact with a large zoom range. Although I'd expect CX350 to retain an advantage when it comes to image quality due to the larger sensor.

I'd definitely like to see them add face recognition or other autofocus improvements to the CX350 though. Especially since lower-priced Panasonic cameras like the GH5s, G9 and now these new camcorders have this feature. Previous Panasonic cameras like the DVX200 at least had settings to control the autofocus speed and sensitivity, but even this is missing from the CX350 where there are very few autofocus options at all.

3. Collapse Details
    Just out of curiosity, what is the ISO equivalent when the CX350 gain is set at 0db?

4. Collapse Details
    Hello,

Given the CX350 folder structure when recording in MOV containter (see: https://pro-av.panasonic.net/manual/...r03_06_07.htm). What is the best way to import the footage with Adobe Premiere:

- Copying just the video files from PRIVATE/PANA_GRP/001RCQAM from the SD to a disk and then create a Premiere project and import the clips.
    OR
    - Create a Premiere project and use the import tool and select the parent folder expecting Premiere to interpret the folder structure and interpret some metadata (which I tried but not suceeded)

Thanks!

5. Collapse Details
    Responding my own question, I found this guide: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...0SU4AaZpGMsshe

But I cannot see any advantage of using these steps compared to just grabbing and copying the *.MOV from the SD to a computer disk.

Are the .backups and .dat files useful for something?

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mitteg View Post
    Responding my own question, I found this guide: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...0SU4AaZpGMsshe

But I cannot see any advantage of using these steps compared to just grabbing and copying the *.MOV from the SD to a computer disk.

Are the .backups and .dat files useful for something?
    When shooting AVCHD, importing into Premiere via the Media Browser was usually the recommended approach, because that way Premiere will automatically identify the clips as they were recorded. So even though a single recorded clip might span multiple MTS files in the AVCHD directory, it would get added as a single clip in the timeline when imported through the Media Browser.

In the case of MOV or MP4 files, in which each clip is usually contained in a single file, I am not sure that it really makes much of a difference how the files are imported. As far as I know, all of the relevant metadata should be in the MOV file itself. I believe the other (non-video) files on the SD card are mostly intended for internal usage by the camera.

If I had to guess, the reason using the Media Browser may be recommended in the Premiere import guide you linked to, is that it offers a single way to import video that works well for both MOV and AVCHD.

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks, your response makes so much sense. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by davedv View Post
    When shooting AVCHD, importing into Premiere via the Media Browser was usually the recommended approach, because that way Premiere will automatically identify the clips as they were recorded. So even though a single recorded clip might span multiple MTS files in the AVCHD directory, it would get added as a single clip in the timeline when imported through the Media Browser.

In the case of MOV or MP4 files, in which each clip is usually contained in a single file, I am not sure that it really makes much of a difference how the files are imported. As far as I know, all of the relevant metadata should be in the MOV file itself. I believe the other (non-video) files on the SD card are mostly intended for internal usage by the camera.

If I had to guess, the reason using the Media Browser may be recommended in the Premiere import guide you linked to, is that it offers a single way to import video that works well for both MOV and AVCHD.

8. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Probably just dreaming though..

9. Collapse Details
    How do I view clips without opening ABOBE premier pro?

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nutmegger View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what is the ISO equivalent when the CX350 gain is set at 0db?
    Found this while browsing through Barry Green's CX350 eBook.

Page 200: "The CX350 is a highly light-sensitive video camera; in my testing it generally
    rates at approximately 900 ISO (in NORMAL shooting mode) to 1800
    ISO (in HIGH SENS)."

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950 LastLast