Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks Barry.

2. Collapse Details
    Can someone upload some footage from AG-CX350 in Google Drive or similar straight from the cards? I'm looking for some sample clips 4K with codec ALL-I, 422LongG and HEVC LongG 10 bit. Thanks!
    https://www.behance.net/DaniloDelTufo

Camera:
    ---------
    Canon EOS C200, HPX170

Lenses:
    ---------
    Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM
    EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS NANO USM with Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E1
    EF 50MM f/1.4 USM STANDARD
    EF-S 24mm f2.8 STM

Workstation:
    ---------
    iMac Pro - 2.5GHz 14-core Intel Xeon W processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.3GHz
    128GB 2666MHz DDR4 ECC memory
    4TB SSD
    Radeon Pro Vega 64 with 16GB of HBM2 memory

3. Collapse Details
    I have recently had my first CX350 arrive and the second is on the way - upgrading from HMC152. So far so good.

I have two Libec ZC-3DV remotes, these can switch between P (used on HMCs) and LANC (what the CX350 uses). One works fine on the CX350 and the other only does S/S and not zoom. Both work ok on the older cameras. So it seems the controllers function ok and the P/LANC switch is working too. Any ideas?

4. Collapse Details
    You probably have different generations of Libec controllers. This is the problem with reverse engineering things — there’s just no way we can make sure everything will work. New devices will work fine.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

5. Collapse Details
    I don't know Mitch. I have two of the most expensive LANC controllers, one from Libec and one from Manfrotto and the zoom action is not up to professional standards imho. The jump from creep to slow to mild fast is too close and jumpy. Now if the best two controllers do not work with a pro camera, then are we supposed to use the cheap ones? I believe there is more work to be done inside the camera. BTW, this has stopped me from replacing PX270s as they are performing better. I e-mailed Steve Cooperman about this and never heard back. I just can't fuly adopt the cameras without proper rear zoom behavior.
    Last edited by Bassman2003; 11-26-2019 at 05:00 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    That performance has nothing to do with what I posted. He said he has two seemingly identical controllers but one of them didn’t operate certain functions.

As to your point, I know it is something that’s being worked on. I have no idea how or what is coming.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

7. Collapse Details
    That is fair. I am glad to hear it is being worked on as the zoom performance is the only thing holding me back from upgrading.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman2003 View Post
    I don't know Mitch. I have two of the most expensive LANC controllers, one from Libec and one from Manfrotto and the zoom action is not up to professional standards imho. The jump from creep to slow to mild fast is too close and jumpy. Now if the best to controllers do not work with a pro camera, then are we supposed to use the cheap ones? I believe there is more work to be done inside the camera. BTW, this has stopped me from replacing PX270s as they are performing better. I e-mailed Steve Cooperman about this and never heard back. I just can't fuly adopt the cameras without proper rear zoom behavior.
    At NAB NY 2019 I spoke with Takuya Ozawa from Panasonic Japan regarding some issues I was experiencing with the CX350. After the NAB NY Expo I emailed Takuya a list of the issues I was having and suggestions for firmware updates. Today I received an email from Takuya informing me Panasonic Japan is looking into the issues I reported, including the Varizoom remote controller problems. I'm glad Panasonic Japan will listen to someone like me, a sole operator, and not ignore my issues with the CX350.
    Last edited by nutmegger; 11-26-2019 at 07:02 AM.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman2003 View Post
    I don't know Mitch. I have two of the most expensive LANC controllers, one from Libec and one from Manfrotto and the zoom action is not up to professional standards imho. The jump from creep to slow to mild fast is too close and jumpy. Now if the best to controllers do not work with a pro camera, then are we supposed to use the cheap ones? I believe there is more work to be done inside the camera. BTW, this has stopped me from replacing PX270s as they are performing better. I e-mailed Steve Cooperman about this and never heard back. I just can't fuly adopt the cameras without proper rear zoom behavior.
    One thing you might want to check regarding the zoom speed progression is using the CX ROP app (on iOS or Android). When I looked into this earlier, the same 8 zoom speed levels that were being used in response to LANC commands were also used in the zoom speed control section of the app. Although the app uses a different XML-based protocol to talk to the camera, it also has 8 zoom speed settings just like LANC does. The app has a slider for zoom control, but if you carefully slide along the range you'll notice that there are actually 8 distinct zoom in and 8 zoom out positions, corresponding to the different zoom speeds.

Anyway, this might help determine whether the zoom speed progression is a camera issue vs. a remote issue.

Note that you can use the app without the USB wi-fi adapter if you can connect the camera to a wired network and can connect your phone or tablet to that same local network (over either a wired or wi-fi connection).

10. Collapse Details
    I think Panasonic has always been good about making things right over time. They will probably get there but I still can't believe they trashed their existing protocols for this new semi-LANC protocol which does not perform as well. It is like they forgot all of the years of production leading up to this camera regarding rear zoom controls. They are VERY important to me.

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546 LastLast