Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849 LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 481
  1. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,754
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by bertl2606 View Post
    Thanks Mitch ,good information that it does not seem to be an issue of the camera.But here same problem with my old panasonic plasma TV and also with my brandnew Sony Laser beamer.
    I will check it.
    Best regards , Robert
    If you keep having issues with this over multiple monitors, please contact Panasonic Support and our engineers can assist you.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company


    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    364
    Default
    I came across this Panasonic Japan web site. It can be viewed in English.
    https://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/p2ui/guest/TopLogin.do

    In the Applicable Models section I entered AG-CX350 and found a CX350 Handbook that is complimentary to Barry's eBook and is easy to read.
    https://na.panasonic.com/us/sites/de...inter_2020.pdf

    Enjoy.


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    Default
    Hello everyone,

    We’ve recently adquired this camera and comming from a HPX250 I have some questions. We do have the latest firmware (2.01).

    1) Is there an AVC-Intra format at 100Mbps and 25fps? I can only see a huge AVC-Intra422 at 50fps and 200Mbps.

    2) There is a MOV 422 ALL-I at 100Mbps and 25fps. What are the advantages of the AVC family codec compared to MOV family codecs? Apart from the MXF wrapper, is there anything better to be aware of?

    3) Is there something like the AVC-I 25pn from the HPX250? I think that it records a progressive 25p signal over a 50i stream

    4) In auto iris mode, what exactly does the iris ring? Exposure compensation maybe? What is that exactly?

    5) Can someone explain me (simply put) how the 3&4 audio channels work ? The manual is very confusing. I would like to record and adjust ch1&ch2 manual level and let the ch3&ch4 as the internal mic in auto for backup only.

    6) If a clip spreads between two cards (in relay rec), are there two separated clips or does the camera merge them into one?

    7) Is there a better way to import clips to the NLE apart from dragging the individual MXF files? Is there a directory structure to keep for metadata or so?

    Thank you very much!


    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,680
    Default
    4) Yes, the iris ring is for exposure compensation which can be turned on or off in the menu. In my experience, the camera wants to overexpose in auto so I often run the exposure compensation at -13. You might want to experiment with this.

    5) On my PX270, channels 3&4 are always recorded and I have the option in my NLE to use them or not. So it should work the same way with the CX350.


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by mitteg View Post
    1) Is there an AVC-Intra format at 100Mbps and 25fps? I can only see a huge AVC-Intra422 at 50fps and 200Mbps.
    Not in the P2 formats, but there is one for 1080/25p ALL-I at 100Mbps in the MOV format.

    2) There is a MOV 422 ALL-I at 100Mbps and 25fps. What are the advantages of the AVC family codec compared to MOV family codecs? Apart from the MXF wrapper, is there anything better to be aware of?
    The P2 formats are designed for compatibility with and integration into an existing P2 environment. I don't know if there's any fundamental difference between the ALL-I of each mode. NLE compatibility and file handling will be different between the two formats, of course, and MOV supports UHD where the P2 formats don't. The main advantage you'll have is that if you want 1080/25P ALL-I, well, that's only available in the MOV. And if you want 720p, it's much better supported in the P2 format.

    3) Is there something like the AVC-I 25pn from the HPX250? I think that it records a progressive 25p signal over a 50i stream
    Well, the most direct comparison would be the MOV 422 ALL-I 100mbps. That's 25 native progressive frames. It's not recorded as interlaced, it's recorded as progressive, but it can be output over an interlaced output and would then be functionally identical to 25pN.

    4) In auto iris mode, what exactly does the iris ring? Exposure compensation maybe? What is that exactly?
    It lets you bias the over/underexposure to taste.

    5) Can someone explain me (simply put) how the 3&4 audio channels work ? The manual is very confusing. I would like to record and adjust ch1&ch2 manual level and let the ch3&ch4 as the internal mic in auto for backup only.
    As Bassman2003 said, it works pretty much exactly as you want it to.

    6) If a clip spreads between two cards (in relay rec), are there two separated clips or does the camera merge them into one?
    Well if it's across two cards, then yes it's two separate clips, one on each card.

    7) Is there a better way to import clips to the NLE apart from dragging the individual MXF files? Is there a directory structure to keep for metadata or so?
    If you're recording MXF, you should always maintain the full directory structure. Just about every modern NLE should support importing the MXF file from the native directory structure.
    If you're recording MOV, it's all quite simple, everything is contained within the single MOV file.


    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    515
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesgeek View Post
    I've been using CX350, UX90, and AC90 with several HDMI switchers (BMD, Tricaster, vMix, and Slingstudio. However, I have just had an issue crop up where I cannot connect my CX350 with Slingstudio. This is after having used them together for at least a dozen projects.

    I cannot connect using the wireless camera links, nor with a direct HDMI connection to the Slingstudio hub. I can still connect with UX90 and AC90.

    I have tried resetting Slingstudio and resetting the menus on the CX350.

    Slingstudio support has no answers and suggests a problem with the camera, but I can still connect the CX350 to other switchers.

    Any thoughts? Is anyone successfully using the CS350 with Slingstudio?
    I was able to connect by setting the HDMI output to "System". Once connected, I can switch HDMI output to 1080p and maintain the connection. Not sure what this indicates.


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    515
    Default
    Having trouble connecting CX350 via HDMI to a BlackMagic DeckLink Mini Recorder (capture card).

    I have tried on 3 different boxes with these cards, and I have no trouble connecting UP90s, AC30s, and AC90s.

    BlackMagic Desktop Video (driver) correctly reports the standard and resolution for all the mentioned cams, but reports nothing when the CX350 is plugged in.

    The CX350 does connect via HDMI with other capture cards I have (not BMD).

    The CX350 does connect with the BMD Mini ATEM, and with a Sling Studio, as well as directly to HDMI monitors.


    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    Default
    Thank you very much. Things are much clearer now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman2003 View Post
    4) Yes, the iris ring is for exposure compensation which can be turned on or off in the menu. In my experience, the camera wants to overexpose in auto so I often run the exposure compensation at -13. You might want to experiment with this.

    5) On my PX270, channels 3&4 are always recorded and I have the option in my NLE to use them or not. So it should work the same way with the CX350.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    Not in the P2 formats, but there is one for 1080/25p ALL-I at 100Mbps in the MOV format.


    The P2 formats are designed for compatibility with and integration into an existing P2 environment. I don't know if there's any fundamental difference between the ALL-I of each mode. NLE compatibility and file handling will be different between the two formats, of course, and MOV supports UHD where the P2 formats don't. The main advantage you'll have is that if you want 1080/25P ALL-I, well, that's only available in the MOV. And if you want 720p, it's much better supported in the P2 format.


    Well, the most direct comparison would be the MOV 422 ALL-I 100mbps. That's 25 native progressive frames. It's not recorded as interlaced, it's recorded as progressive, but it can be output over an interlaced output and would then be functionally identical to 25pN.


    It lets you bias the over/underexposure to taste.


    As Bassman2003 said, it works pretty much exactly as you want it to.


    Well if it's across two cards, then yes it's two separate clips, one on each card.


    If you're recording MXF, you should always maintain the full directory structure. Just about every modern NLE should support importing the MXF file from the native directory structure.
    If you're recording MOV, it's all quite simple, everything is contained within the single MOV file.


    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    321
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesgeek View Post
    Having trouble connecting CX350 via HDMI to a BlackMagic DeckLink Mini Recorder (capture card).

    I have tried on 3 different boxes with these cards, and I have no trouble connecting UP90s, AC30s, and AC90s.

    BlackMagic Desktop Video (driver) correctly reports the standard and resolution for all the mentioned cams, but reports nothing when the CX350 is plugged in.

    The CX350 does connect via HDMI with other capture cards I have (not BMD). The CX350 does connect with the BMD Mini ATEM, and with a Sling Studio, as well as directly to HDMI monitors.
    HDMI connections can often be a little finicky because there is a negotiation (EDID) that happens between the electronics at either end of the cable to try to find an optimal signal (resolution, color depth, sub-sampling, etc.) that each end will support. Since there are a lot of different video formats in the HDMI spec, this can sometimes result in incompatibilities even when it seems like things should work.

    Since both the CX350 and DeckLink Mini Recorder have SDI ports, I would recommend using SDI rather than HDMI for this connection. This will avoid any of the HDMI signal format detection issues, because with SDI, there is no negotiation, the camera will send the format you tell it to. SDI also supports a smaller set of signal formats so it tends to have better compatibility. Not to mention that SDI ports use locking connectors and support much longer cable runs than is usually possible over HDMI cables.

    Keep in mind that the DeckLink Mini Recorder does not support 1080p50 or 1080p60 input signals, so the maximum resolution it can handle is either 1080i60 or 1080p30. If you need higher progressive frame rates with this card, it can accept 720p (up to 60fps). Since 1080p30 was never really a television broadcast standard, I have often found that compatibility with this signal format (especially over HDMI) on a lot of devices tends to be lower than the more commonly used broadcast formats of 720p50/720p5994 or 1080i50/1080i5994.


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    515
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by davedv View Post
    HDMI connections can often be a little finicky because there is a negotiation (EDID) that happens between the electronics at either end of the cable to try to find an optimal signal (resolution, color depth, sub-sampling, etc.) that each end will support. Since there are a lot of different video formats in the HDMI spec, this can sometimes result in incompatibilities even when it seems like things should work.

    Since both the CX350 and DeckLink Mini Recorder have SDI ports, I would recommend using SDI rather than HDMI for this connection. This will avoid any of the HDMI signal format detection issues, because with SDI, there is no negotiation, the camera will send the format you tell it to. SDI also supports a smaller set of signal formats so it tends to have better compatibility. Not to mention that SDI ports use locking connectors and support much longer cable runs than is usually possible over HDMI cables.

    Keep in mind that the DeckLink Mini Recorder does not support 1080p50 or 1080p60 input signals, so the maximum resolution it can handle is either 1080i60 or 1080p30. If you need higher progressive frame rates with this card, it can accept 720p (up to 60fps). Since 1080p30 was never really a television broadcast standard, I have often found that compatibility with this signal format (especially over HDMI) on a lot of devices tends to be lower than the more commonly used broadcast formats of 720p50/720p5994 or 1080i50/1080i5994.
    Thank you, Dave. This is all very helpful and useful.

    At the same time, I would hope that Panny would want to learn why I have had no issues with AC90 AC30 DVX200 US90. Perhaps someone who has a DeckLink Mini Recorder could test a CX350 with it. It may be my copy of the CX350 that is the issue.


    Reply With Quote
     

Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •