Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Procedure of changing from UHD with shutter speed 1/50 (Europe, established over synchro scan) to super slow and back to UHD normal mode with 1/50 - very complicated if I am not wrong:

1. enter the menu to change to HD
    2. select super slow ,assigned to a user buttom, shutter speed changes to 1/100

way back:
    1.disable super slow
    2.change back to UHD in the menu
    3.shutter speed remains 1/100 which is a horror because I have to reenter the menu to go to synchro scan again for scrolling down from 1/100 to 1/50 taking me more than a minute , driving me mad.

As a wildlife filmer , loving to change quickly to super slow and back ,this procedure is a big issue for me.

Am I doing wrong?
    Can you tell me a better way?
    Best regards

2. Collapse Details
    Yes, it can be infinitely faster. Just turn the shutter OFF.

Push the shutter button until the shutter speed display disappears. That turns the electronic adjustable shutter off, and sets the shutter to the default speed. In 25p or 50p, the default is 1/50. When shooting Super Slow 100 fps, the default is 1/100.

Or, you can make it all happen with one button press. Get rid of the Super Slow user button and replace it with the LOAD SETUP FILE option. Then use the OTHERS menu, and save two setups on your SD card -- save a UHD setup, and then go to 1080 and turn on SUPER SLOW and then save that configuration to the SD card as a SLOW MO setup. Then, when you want to change between them, press the LOAD SETUP FILE user button, and choose which setup you want. It'll be done in about 3 seconds.
    Last edited by Barry_Green; 11-28-2019 at 03:30 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Fantastic - thanks Barry ,you make me happy , go to the Antarctica on monday!Best regards

4. Collapse Details
    Glad to help! And I am completely jealous, I have been wanting to get down to Antarctica for years. Hope you get some great footage!

5. Collapse Details
    When working with this recommendations, some limitations and mistakes occur , maybe only with my entire 350 , but please try it out on other ones:

If you save the presets , lets say on card2 in slot2 , of course you have to repeat this procedure every time , when slot1 and 2 are full and both cards have to be replaced with new ones.
    Your backup gets lost, when you have to replace the entire card with the presets .
    Or you leave card 2 (I will do so) with presets untouched in slot 2 and make footage only with card 1.

Why is it not possible to perform this option the same way with the internal memory?Here you only can save one preset which will be overwritten when you try to add one more, so you never can come back the same easy way to your original preset.

I saved 6 presets on card2 in slot2 :

4k high sense(HS)
    1080p25 super slow
    1080p25 super slow (HS)
    1080p50 super slow
    1080p50 super slow (HS)

before saving the 4k presets I established syncScan shutter speed 1/50 and put the shutter off, not displayed anymore.

The following happened:

when switching between all the 1080 presets everythig is fine,

when going back to 4k or 4K HS preset from any of the other presets with 1080 , the shutter speed of 1/50 gets lost and remains 1/100 AND the manual preset of WB 5600K is displayed in right number but the picture is blue as if like done with 3000K or so.
    If I turn the camera off and on , the WB of 5600 comes back ok ,but the shutter speed of 1/50 has to be reestablished over SynchroScan , driving me mad.

Because of the issue , not being able to come back to normal shooting mode from slow motion presets without severe mistakes , my initial enthusiasm got lost completely and I do have the feeling that either many things are still in a kind of beta mode OR my 350 is not ok.

Unfortunately my experience with Panasonic service Europe is not good ; 7 weeks ago I had a problem with the lens unit of a first bought 350 and sent the Pana to Cardiff service center Europe and did not get it back till today .I think they have to import the lens unit from Japan.

So I had to buy myself a second one for my expedition trip to the Antarctica .
    After my return I do think , that my first one will be back home again , forcing me to sell one of those 2 then with quite a loss of money.
    This just as an information of my present fate!
    Best regards

6. Collapse Details
    I don't know the answers for you right away, but why are you using Synchro Scan? If you just turn the shutter off, it should always be correct for your 25p, 50p and 100p footage.

7. Collapse Details
    I am using synchroscan to establish 1/50 shutter for Europe but because of these experiences I will accept 1/60 , much easier.

8. Collapse Details
    But you don't have to. If you just turn the shutter off, it will default to 1/50 speed. And in Super Slow mode, it will default to 1/100.

9. Collapse Details
    You can save Setup Files on a cheap basic SD card and pop it in any time you need to swap modes.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

10. Collapse Details
    It would have been nice to be able to save six setup files internally since the camera does not have a separate SD slot like the PX270.

Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 LastLast