Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    Those lenses are Super-35, not Full Frame. The difference between the versions is more robust housings. he first set only had three lenses, were plastic bodies, and only shipped in a kit with the F3 camera.

And these are the opposite of "lenses with character."
    Just for the record, I kindly would like to point out that I never said they were full frame or that they had character.

Quoting me with your particular response may imply like I did.

Maybe I should have corrected his/her understanding based on what the Sony marketing paper says, but I use my Sigma 18-35 on the 5D Mark IV in HD (FF) at 35mm with just a little vignetting, so I didn't really think twice about what "coverage" may mean to someone, especially in this/their conversation.

The info on the two separate versions is relevant...good to know, thank you.
    Retired.

2. Collapse Details
    Since you don't particularly need any lenses but seem to have GAS, I would suggest buying vintage lenses. They are generally cheap, but still give you the thrill of trying out a lens. My suggestion is to just search for M52 mount lenses on ebay. M52 pretty much guarantees that the lens is not at all going to look like a new lens since it is one of the oldest mounts. The Russian lenses all have a lot of character. I personally have a set of mostly single coated Yashinon lenses. I never use them since I almost only do corporate, but it has been a good hobby.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by samphibbs View Post
    SLR Magic APO’s
    Anyone tried the SLR magic micro primes?... can't remember if these are available in EF mount or not...
    Just googled and nope... they are full frame but e, x mount or 4/3 only.

4. Collapse Details
    Thx guys, yeah a lot of vintage lenses have a lot of character. One thing I do not like about vintage lenses is the fact their coating is bad for shooting back lit subjects, as it will milk up the image so hard. Are there anti flaring filters out there or something? (even mattebox does not suffice, as sometimes I have the sun or other light in my framing, for example the sunset/sunrise)

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by samphibbs View Post
    SLR Magic APO’s
    Quite sceptic about slr magic. I have had products of them before, rangefinder and anamorphic adapters, and they were all quite bad. So I said to myself I would never buy anything from slr magic again. Not seeing a lot of character in those lenses so far either. Allthough John Brawley seems to love them.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    Those lenses are Super-35, not Full Frame. The difference between the versions is more robust housings. he first set only had three lenses, were plastic bodies, and only shipped in a kit with the F3 camera.

And these are the opposite of "lenses with character."
    If the optics are the same, perhaps I would rather go with the plastic housing if the weight is alot less as the v2 are weighing 2KG per lens. That is quite heavy, and plan them to use them also on a pocket 4K on a DJI ronin S. (I think it still can be done though, but less weight is def better for my back)

7. Collapse Details
    You can probably find the original three lenses for very little money, if you can find them at all. They are not particularly repairable, so if anything ever happened to one people would just throw them away. Note that these lenses are only available in PL mount.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

8. Collapse Details
    The not being full frame part does worry me though, prob not a good investment future wise.

9. Collapse Details
    Yeah I need therapy. Im selling a lot of old stuff. But have not sold any lenses yet. And there are lenses in here that I have not used for 2 years. So its better to sell them and buy some new stuff. Or sell everything alltoghter and buy a atlas orion lens ^^

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaroid22 View Post
    Thx guys, yeah a lot of vintage lenses have a lot of character. One thing I do not like about vintage lenses is the fact their coating is bad for shooting back lit subjects, as it will milk up the image so hard. Are there anti flaring filters out there or something? (even mattebox does not suffice, as sometimes I have the sun or other light in my framing, for example the sunset/sunrise)
    Lenses with "character" yet with the most modern and flare resistant coatings?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast