Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Part 2 done, nothing mind blowing but decent basic skills. Remember this is an introduction book whether they specified this in the title or not.

2. Collapse Details
    Very interesting... on the BM page for training, all the not yet finished "courses" are gone, the remaining two are the book I'm using and the Fairlight book that I also bought. There is rumor of version 16 at NAB, and this may herald the update, even though no beta version is out yet.

The book I'm working through definitely has some button groups in different places on the screen, I bet they wrote it based on the beta version of 15, or based on 14. Maybe it's time Resolve slowed on the massive UI changes and just worked on bugs and feature additions, would be easier to issue an addendum.

The Fusion chapter (yes only one) is taking longer than the suggested time, but some of that was with changes to the software settings to get it working faster. I need more RAM if I'm going to be doing much in Fusion, or probably color.

3. Collapse Details
    Got the Fusion section finished, learned a bit on this chapter.

Also the Color correction/grading book just landed on Amazon for those interested https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1732756937/ I'll buy it when I check on some other stuff I want to add to the order.

And I was told by one of the training support people that the rest of the courses should be on Amazon in the next month:

Advanced Editing
    Fusion

Keep track of the training website to see what is out and links to buy them. It appears these are Amazon published books which may be why they are not on other book buying sites. If you are into electronic books, the Kindle versions are dirt cheap!

4. Collapse Details
    OK guys, no more excuses... BMD just made this even more accessible! These books are now available for download in PDF FOR FREE!. I was just about to order the color correction book for $50, now I'll just have to charge up my little Android tablet and copy the files to it.

Currently available at https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/pro...solve/training :

Definitive Guide
    Intro to Fairlight
    Color Correction

Coming soon is Advanced Editing

I also asked on the BMD forums how closely the BMD official videos track these books, if they track the same, then the videos would be good supplements to the PDF files.

I'll continue the review as I get time to go through more chapters, but the next section is about 100 pages and probably 4 to 5 hours of time to really go through it. This is another chapter where I expect to learn a lot and therefore enjoy the topic more than the first couple of chapters.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    I finished reading the book, but haven't gone through the last few lab activities. It's still all really basic stuff, but some good info on the basic tools for those that have not used Resolve before.

I've looked at some of the videos, and they do not track the books. Though that may not be a bad thing as there might be good stuff in consuming both types of tutorial.

I'll get my thoughts on the final sections for this first book when I have time to complete the exercises and take the test.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    Pushing this back to the top... I've typed out my thoughts for the remaining sections and my thoughts on this exam.

VERY happy that they have this training available! Very happy it is FREE! Looking forward to the Color Correction book next. Then I'll probably hit the Advanced Editing book and leave Fairlight until later.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    greg-

thank you for the posts and links.

i am barely functional in fcpx.

but i would welcome the opportunity to switch over to resolve as my main edit platform.

i downloaded all of the available pdfs.

i look forward to working my way through the course material.

again, thanks!

thumbs up.

rob
    smalltalk productions/nyc
    the story is never black & white
    it takes Smalltalk to reveal the color

smalltalk.productions

8. Collapse Details
    If you are barely functional with any NLE, then should get some decent value out of this first book.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12