1. Collapse Details
    Removing the grip
    Has anyone removed their grip from their C300 Mk I and used the camera without the grip? I'm wanting to see if I can get the C300 to work on the Allsteady Gimbal. Thanks

2. Collapse Details
    I presume you’re referring to the handgrip with the record button, joystick and adjustment dial. Yes, you can remove it. It’s not necessary for operation. It’s there more for operational convenience than necessity. Lots of times I’ve never even put mine on, especially when shooting with my 17-120 attached.

Just a word of warning, after you remove it and then put it back on make sure that the plug is FULLY inserted and seated, otherwise the camera will not work properly. I like to give it a little 1/4 turn while pushing in AFTER I feel that it’s already fully seated, just to be safe.

3. Collapse Details
    Yes you are right that is what I'm talking about Thanks for the info. I have been a bit nervous about removing the handgrip. When I received my C300 (used) it was already attach.

4. Collapse Details
    I've used the C300 for hundreds of hours and have never had the grip attached, ever. The standard package comes with a screw-on port cover with a molded thumb relief that protects the hole after removal, look for it in the accessories that came with the camera.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing View Post
    I've used the C300 for hundreds of hours and have never had the grip attached, ever. The standard package comes with a screw-on port cover with a molded thumb relief that protects the hole after removal, look for it in the accessories that came with the camera.
    Unfortunately they didn't put that item in the box when I bought it used. I can check and see if B&H might have one for sale.thanks

6. Collapse Details
    Part #: Canon D87-0130-000

Probably could find it at Canon in the parts department.

TMS used to sell it: https://shop.texasmediasystems.com/C...00_p_6211.html

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.