1. Collapse Details
    Not getting email to change password?
    I tried to log in on a different PC. It turns out I've forgotten my DVXuser password. I checked the send me a reset for password. I get mail that takes me back to a page asking me for my password and then locks me out if it's wrong. Going around in circles here. This has happened twice now. Currently on the PC that logs me in automatically. Dare not exit in case I can't get back in How do I get around this? Any help guys?

Chris Young

2. Collapse Details
    I tried it, and it works:

1. On DVXUser, click that you forgot your password.

2. In the email, click the first link. This takes you to a page on DVXUser that just says that it emailed you a new password.

3. In your email program, look for the second message. It has a new, temporary password. There is also a link. Click it.

4. On DVXUser, put in your username and the new password. It will sign you in and then take you to a form to change your password. You should probably do this, because your temporary password was emailed over the internet unencrypted. It's possible, though unlikely, that a hacker could have seen it.

3. Collapse Details
    This is weird I replied to your answer but his has not registered on the site. The problem is twice now I have NOT received the second email with the new temp login password.

Chris Young

Edit:

Now the second time of posting this message it has appeared. Not the password the post??
    Last edited by cyvideo; 01-08-2019 at 11:55 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    The only thing I can think of is that some of the emails might be in your Spam folder.

5. Collapse Details
    Yes I was mindful of that so kept an eye open for mail being marked as spam. Trouble is no mail came through. Obviously something was amiss yesterday. Was working over the other side of town today but on my return I again requested an email reset. Within seconds of hitting the link in the first reset email a second mail arrived with my temp password. So YEHAA! I'm back in and have lodged a new password and all is good in DVXUser land. Anyhow thanks for the suggestions combatentropy it's always nice to know someone is trying to help.

Chris Young

P.S. Note to self. Gott'a remember and save that new password!

6. Collapse Details
    I'm glad it finally worked. Who knows what happened? Passwords are hard to keep up with. I use a password manager. I hardly know any of my passwords myself.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cyvideo View Post
    Yes I was mindful of that so kept an eye open for mail being marked as spam. Trouble is no mail came through. Obviously something was amiss yesterday. Was working over the other side of town today but on my return I again requested an email reset. Within seconds of hitting the link in the first reset email a second mail arrived with my temp password. So YEHAA! I'm back in and have lodged a new password and all is good in DVXUser land. Anyhow thanks for the suggestions combatentropy it's always nice to know someone is trying to help.

Chris Young

P.S. Note to self. Gott'a remember and save that new password!
    File this under 'strange behavior', as well. I jumped on the site earlier this morning(before lunch) on my iPad and I had been logged out of DVX. I entered my user name and then when I started typing my password, Safari warns me that this is an un-secure website, complete with big red exclamation point encased in a big red triangle in the address bar. I actually did not complete my log-in. Then when I jumped on just a few minutes ago on my MBP, I was still logged in and no security warnings.

8. Collapse Details
    That's because it's HTTP instead of HTTPS. Discussion: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...cryption-https

9. Collapse Details
    Strange thing though combatentropy I hadn't it turns out forgotten my password. I ran a browser password recovery scanner and it pulled up all the passwords remembered by both browsers on the machine I had problems with and lo and behold it was the same password that I was using on the laptop that was logging in without issues. There was no way the desktop was going to let me in. In the end as I said I created a new password and it's now working from both machines, go figure?! No bank or medical passwords on this site so I'm fairly ok with the fact it's not an HTTPS site. Would be nice if was secure though. Yes Run&Gun odd behavior. I still blame Bill Gates if something goes wrong on a PC or the wide web.

Chris Young

10. Collapse Details
    I actually remember reading that thread when it originally started. Maybe the latest version of Safari and iOS are slightly different(just updated my iPad a few days ago), because I had never received a warning like that, before. But it did it’s job, because it grabbed my attention and made me pause and think.