1. Collapse Details
    packing and transporting CS6 project to another computer?
    I have a large project that is taking a loooooong time to export (and so far unsuccessfully) so I was thinking of moving it to my laptop which is setup identically as far as software and drives plus has a more powerful quadro 8GB GPU, though only 32GM RAM vs 64 on my desktop.

My concern is the Premiere project is dynamically linked with After Effects and both the AE and PP projects have a LOT of parts - large TGA sequences, avi files, graphics, etc.
    I've never transported a linked project like this to another computer. Is this risky? I certainly don't want to mess anything up since I've been working a couple months on this.
    Any advice? Tips?

2. Collapse Details
    Is your media stored on an external drive?

Ideally every asset needed would be on the same drive. And all your projects files (Premiere and AE) would be in the same location too. Then it's just a matter of copying the project files to that external drive, connect to the new computer and re-link if needed.

Independent Filmmaker
    BMD URSA Mini 4K/Avid Media Composer/NukeX/Blender/Mixcraft/ProTools/Resolve Studio

Feature Films
    Wulf - 2008 | Leap - 2010 | Leap: Rise of the Beast - 2011 | Surviving The Wild - 2020

3. Collapse Details
    Thank you. No. Media on internal drives.
    But when you use the transport function in premiere it makes a new folder and moves copies of media to it. But I've never tried it with dynamically linked projects.
    I suppose I instead could just copy all the media and put them on the other computer in the same locations since the drives are all called the same

4. Collapse Details
    Also be careful if you used any effects on the project that they are available and licensed on the new computer as well. Nothing worse than a long render only to find portions watermarked.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Yes good point. That would be bad. I have both computers set up with identical licensed plugins too