Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    I've no complaints really - I even have to use accounts subscription software now, and the same applies there - you're really tied to them. Changing to this software meant losing all my old delving into the details on the old system, but that's just how it is, I guess. adobe infuriated me when they stopped support for Muse - something I'd migrated lots of my websites TO, and now have the cost in time of having to do it all again, or trusting an unsupported application? I too cannot lose Photoshop or Premier, and frankly I have no interest in learning a new application to do my work. Retirement is coming up in the next 5 years or so, so I guess I soldier on.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by paulears View Post
    I've no complaints really - I even have to use accounts subscription software now, and the same applies there - you're really tied to them. Changing to this software meant losing all my old delving into the details on the old system, but that's just how it is, I guess. adobe infuriated me when they stopped support for Muse - something I'd migrated lots of my websites TO, and now have the cost in time of having to do it all again, or trusting an unsupported application? I too cannot lose Photoshop or Premier, and frankly I have no interest in learning a new application to do my work. Retirement is coming up in the next 5 years or so, so I guess I soldier on.
    I hear you. If I was a FT editor, I would have no issue with it, it's the cost of doing business. I may end up doing the extortion model for Lightroom and Photoshop. Right now I am running really old versions of both that are still running under High Sierra, but if they both are killed when I go to Mojave, eventually, I will probably have to pony up to Adobe for the newest versions. I do a decent amount of still work that supplements/compliments my video production and while I know there are viable alternatives to Lightroom and Photoshop, I too feel the same way, I am too busy to learn them at this point. But for video editing, I was never a huge Premiere fan anyway so that's no loss for me.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    I would recommend taking a look at Affinity Photo for your still work. Very small learning curve imo if you already know photoshop. Has been fantastic for me.. yrmv.

4. Collapse Details
    I just cancel my Adobe subscription 2 weeks ago and now working on Resolve. Couldn't be happier. For now I work with the free version but will order a BMD cam very soon, so I'll have Resolve Studio for free with my purchase.

I did a bit of calculation and ended with this...
    It cost me around 900$ (Canadian dollars) a year for my Adobe subscription. Let say I keep my cameras usually 5 years, so this add up to 4500$ CDN. This money can be invested in a new camera. So basically, my next camera will cost me 4500$ less. This for me is huge.
    I also bought a Micro panel and it works great. I sold my Tangent Kb panel and I am currently selling my Tk panel.

I am very, very reluctant to changes, but this I had to do. Sorry Adobe, our honeymoon is over
    Last edited by Doug_EX; 01-14-2019 at 09:26 AM.
    Canon C100, GH4, HPX250, HPX170, GH2, Jimmy jib lite, Portajib Explorer, Advanta jib

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by markfpv View Post
    I would recommend taking a look at Affinity Photo for your still work. Very small learning curve imo if you already know photoshop. Has been fantastic for me.. yrmv.
    What I was going to say. I'm rather fond of the way that Affinity clones objects out of the background. Check out a few videos on it.

Should also look at Darktable which has some DAM built in much like Lightroom.

6. Collapse Details
    I am doing more still work and I find Afinity pretty good too.

7. Collapse Details
    I really, really like my Niks plug-ins with Lightroom though. Will Niks work with Affinity?

8. Collapse Details
    You can check here to find the list of plugins that may or may not work:
    https://forum.affinity.serif.com/ind...party-plugins/

There is a free 30 day trial which will probably get you a discount on the purchase.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    You can check here to find the list of plugins that may or may not work:
    https://forum.affinity.serif.com/ind...party-plugins/

There is a free 30 day trial which will probably get you a discount on the purchase.
    Thanks for the link. It appears that the Niks Plug-Ins mostly run okay but do some weird things with display with images taken in portrait mode. It appears that the RAW Pre-Sharpener doesn't work, which I apply to about half of my images. Hmm...I would have to mull this over, I use the Niks plug-ins mostly more than the effects in Lightroom, they offer much more granular control and have a lot more options.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345