Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Henao View Post
    Yes Sure but not the original, I have 2, the Azden FMX-DSLR and the Marantz PMD-602A, The Azden is light weight but has 16 db of gain, The Marantz has a much better build and around 60 db of cleaner gain
    All depends on the microphone when using dynamics the Marantz is a better choice with condensers either one but again the Marantz despite of the extra weight has a great Build is a tank.
    What about the Wide angle adapter I'm using a Panasonic wide angle adapter not the original but the VW-W4607H
    Those sound like good audio choices for your HMC40.
    I bought a wide angle lens for my HMC also because it sometimes isn't wide enough. But it distorts when zoomed in much so it is of limited use plus it adds weight.
    The HMC40 reminds me some of the 3 Sony cameras that came out a while back - NX80 and Z90 which pack a powerful punch in a small light camera

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Henao View Post
    I'll probably get this

The CX350 looks like a good camera. I'd be tempted to buy one if I hadn't already bought the UX180 near the end of last year. The CX350 looks like a better camera in some ways, but not all.
    The UX180 has some things I don't like but overall I think it will do what I need for the next several years.

3. Collapse Details
    Not the VW-W4607H
    Last edited by Felipe Henao; 01-24-2019 at 01:57 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    Those sound like good audio choices for your HMC40.
    I bought a wide angle lens for my HMC also because it sometimes isn't wide enough. But it distorts when zoomed in much so it is of limited use plus it adds weight.
    The HMC40 reminds me some of the 3 Sony cameras that came out a while back - NX80 and Z90 which pack a powerful punch in a small light camera
    Not the VW-W4607H That is why I decided for that model does not distort at all and is tack sharp

5. Collapse Details
    The VW-W4607H looks like a good option. I bought a Welder .45 and also an Opteka which is super wide, to use for various situations. Sometimes I need it atop a tall as wide as possible. Between the 2 lenses it pretty much covers what I need but I don't like the extra weight.

6. Collapse Details
    No I don't like the additional weight and size but if needed is good to count with good optics.

7. Collapse Details
    Do you use any remote controller?
    I use the Varizoom Stealth-PZFI.

8. Collapse Details
    I agree. The lens while adding weight is necessary anyway since I had to get a wider angle.

Yes I use Varizoom PZFI or DV-ROCK. I have several Varizooms so I just share them with my Panasonics.. They make life easier and are necessary on my HCK10/HMR10 to be able to vary the zoom. ;)

The old varizooms also work on my UX180 and FZ2500 but they won't on the new CX350

9. Collapse Details
    Ergonomics on the HMC40 ARE Great, The Varizoom is not only precise but really rugged, as far as filters I 'm using a B+W 43 mm 0.9=3 stop and a NISI CPL.
    I think any other filter effect can be achieved in post, what is your take on that?

10. Collapse Details
    I agree. The only need I see for filters for the HMC40 are for reducing light. All other effects can be done in post.

Like you said the ergonomics are great. It is so small and easy to transport and use. It would be cool if panasonic released a new version of the HMC40. Maybe take the sensor from the UCK20 and put in an HMC40 size body?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast