Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Why is the 4 more than the 5 and 6 now?

2. Collapse Details
    I do not know why the 4 is more than the 5 and 6. By specs, it's inferior. By battery life, it's inferior. It requires a bacpac to have an LCD screen wheras the 5 and 6 have a screen built in. The 5 and 6 are water resistant without the case. Maybe the stock is limited now on the 4 but the demand is still great enough that they can keep the price high and still sell it?
    I actually wanted the 4 because my gimbal was made for it. But I couldn't justify paying that much more for it over the 5 so I will just adapt it.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    I actually wanted the 4 because my gimbal was made for it.
    You nailed the reason why the 4 is still in demand and hence still expensive - many existing gimbals and 360 rigs work best with the 4 and users don't want to upgrade their entire system to replace a bad cam. The 5 and 6 were never used much for such things, as many manufacturers went to custom solutions by that time.
    Last edited by nothing; 01-08-2019 at 06:34 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    I was going to go with a Yi 4K Lite until I realized I could get a Gopro 5 Black for the same price ($100ish) with better DR, according to a comparison video I saw. I was also very interested in the Osmo Pocket for quick B-roll shots on drone shoots or location scouts, but I can put the Hero 5 on an iSteady 2 for another $100 and have a waterproof (EDIT "splash-proof") b-roll rig for cheaper--bigger, but not by much, and the Osmo isn't weather sealed. Plus I can use the GoPro for those crazy mounted angles. Then later I might upgrade to a GoPro 7 or 8 or Osmo Action.

UPDATE: I settled on a used Feiyu G6 for the gimbal, seemed a bit better made than the iSteady. It's in the mail as I type, so fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Justin Kuhn; 09-09-2019 at 08:09 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12