Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Collapse Details
    Yeah also resolve here. The only thing I miss is warp stabilizer(which for me works much smoother, tried every setting there is, with other users, and even blackmagic support) and also there are a lot of great templates for AE that resolve/fusion does not have atm.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaroid22 View Post
    Yeah also resolve here. The only thing I miss is warp stabilizer(which for me works much smoother, tried every setting there is, with other users, and even blackmagic support) and also there are a lot of great templates for AE that resolve/fusion does not have atm.
    I haven't used the warp stablizer too much but one thing that's slowing down my workflow is custom keyboard shortcut keys not working after a few minutes. On the latest release (15.2.3) it's still a problem. Not sure if it's just affecting Windows users or Mac users too, but they don't work for me in Windows 10. Regardless of that, Resolve Studio does seem to perform better for me compared to Premiere in timeline playback etc. It would be nice to have more templates for Resolve, tons of stuff for After Effects that you can buy but I'm sure more stuff will be available as people adopt Resolve as their editing software.

3. Collapse Details
    I have 14 lite and it does seem a little buggy unless its pilot error but I would swear certain tools just stop working randomly and it doesnt seem to like you copying/pasting grades and node settings from one clip or node to another even though its got functionality specifically designed around doing that.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by unomas View Post
    I haven't used the warp stablizer too much but one thing that's slowing down my workflow is custom keyboard shortcut keys not working after a few minutes. On the latest release (15.2.3) it's still a problem. Not sure if it's just affecting Windows users or Mac users too, but they don't work for me in Windows 10. Regardless of that, Resolve Studio does seem to perform better for me compared to Premiere in timeline playback etc. It would be nice to have more templates for Resolve, tons of stuff for After Effects that you can buy but I'm sure more stuff will be available as people adopt Resolve as their editing software.
    I've had the same thing happen several times while going through their intro book... I'm pretty sure it is a dumb-thumb mistake on my part putting the software into a mode that I'm not expecting.

That said, I haven't tried to map custom keys yet.

For those that want a cheat sheet of the keyboard commands, I found one here: http://logickeyboard.com/shortcut/RES152018.pdf

5. Collapse Details
    FYI, the BMD official training books are now going up on the BMD training website https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/pro...solve/training for FREE in PDF form, or you can still buy printed versions or Kindle version on Amazon. The Kindle versions were trivial dollars anyway. And yes there is still the link to the exam at the back of the book, and as far as I know, the exam is still free as well.

This disrupts pretty much all the other training schemes out there, you can't even buy the Avid books anymore unless you know someone at an Avid Learning Partner (unless they have fixed this).

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    FYI, the BMD official training books are now going up on the BMD training website https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/pro...solve/training for FREE in PDF form, or you can still buy printed versions or Kindle version on Amazon. The Kindle versions were trivial dollars anyway. And yes there is still the link to the exam at the back of the book, and as far as I know, the exam is still free as well.
    Thanks, Greg. Very useful info.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    So, after using this for a while to color grade only, and reading about all the things missing from the free version (face tool, noise reduction, any openfx filters, I find myself very tempted to just get the full version. It’s really not very expensive. BUT, I don’t really need it for the work I do, would be more useful for personal stuff that needs those extra touches, so of course saving money appeals to me. I see many here talking about “dongles.” This is the same as buying the studio version except for some reason you use a dongle instead of entering a license code? And you can save if you buy used, but be careful it’s not a fake? Is that about the gist of it? I mean, I would want a version that could be upgraded and everything, wouldn’t want to be stuck at 14 or 15. Thoughts?

8. Collapse Details
    Resolve Studio doesn't necessarily needs a dongle, I bought mine with a serial number.
    So far, all versions upgrades of Resolve Studio are free of charge.

9. Collapse Details
    Thanks. I looked it up right after I posted (a thing I regretably often do). The dongle allows you to move around to different machines with resolve on them, plug in and have the studio version. In addition dongles can be resold. The serial requires at least an occasional internet connection and to be mobile you have to deactivate it on one machine and reactivate it on another (though you can simultaneously have it on a laptop and desktop), if you work like that (I imagine I would never use it other than at home). Anyway that was all news to me.

10. Collapse Details
    Be extra careful about buying a USB dongle, their are counterfeit versions out there that will work, but the next upgrade will probably kill yours. You can save maybe $100 buying a dongle that no one else wants (came with a camera) but the number is drying up fast.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456