Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    its not often i hear someone criticize the reliability of Canon. i consider them to be remarkably reliable as I've owned T2i, 70D, 5D 1, 2 & 3 plus 2 - 1DmkII's, 1DmkIII, 1DmkIV and a 1DXmkII. all so solid that id consider a failure of a Canon to be an extreme anomaly which of course can happen with any brand.

david

2. Collapse Details
    The 1DC is quite reliable as a stills camera. As a 4K camera, have to work within the limits.

I dropped my camera on a hard floor. It got a little dent. Kept working. I had the part replaced under warranty when i brought it in for the firmware update.

My experience was good, but some people expect a dslr to work as hard as a dedicated professional video camera. Just isn’t that kind of camera. It is a DSLR by design. A rugged and generally extremely reliable until someone tries to shoot 4K day in and day out all day.

The 1DC was my favorite camera at the time. Had a better image than the C300.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by stupla View Post
    Hi,

... I turned it off and placed it carefully on a table. I tried turning it back on a few minutes later only for it to power up slightly, then it went dead. The battery was almost full but I tried another one, the same thing happened, though it did stay on fraction longer.
    I had a mac book pro do that. One of the cards fried. They replaced it, two years later the same card fried. They didn’t fix it the second time.
    Last edited by James0b57; 03-26-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12