1. Collapse Details
    FZ2500 and UX180
    Does the UX180 produce a better image than the FZ2500? Is it the same sensor? B&H says 1" High Sensitivity MOS Sensor for the 2500 and 1.0" Type CMOS Sensor for the UX180.

2. Collapse Details
    I decided they were essentially the same camera under the skin. Don't need XLR, not concerned with what anyone thinks of the form factor, saved myself a few thousand dollars by buying the FZ2500, very happy with the IQ. BTW, "Effective Sensor Resolution" in this case is just marketing speak (but you probably already knew that).

3. Collapse Details
    I have both and before I did I thought they were essentially the same. But after using them they are more different than I thought. For one thing it seems that the higher megapixel of the fz2500 seems to make it a little worse in low light. The overall image quaility seems comparable, yes. The zoom control is better on the ux180. The LCD lag seems a little better on the 180 and thus easier to track fast moving objects. The reflective LCD on the 180 is bad.
    And don't forget the 2500 cannot do 60p UHD. That's pretty big for me.
    The 180 cannot output 10bit or do v log. Quite a few differences but I'm typing on my phone and slow. If the difference in features don't matter and you don't need afore mentioned 60p but just mainly are concerned with image then the 2500 is the better deal.
    I'd much rather shoot video on it than my a7sii because it's more video user friendly than most mirrorless or dslrs.
    Last edited by firehawk; 12-16-2018 at 08:56 PM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.