1. Collapse Details
    Panasonic GH5 and Issue using the Sigma 18-35mm 1.7 Art lens: Horizontal Banding
    Hello Group.

I've recently purchased the Sigma 18-35 1.7 art lens with my GH5. I'm using a Viltrox speed booster to mount the camera. I've notice a lot of horizontal banding happening when shooting: Camera settings: Vlog 23.98fps and 180 shutter angle, 422 / 10 bit / ALL-I and shot test shots in 422 /10bit/ long GOP. It was especially noticeable when shooting slow motion mode (anything under 60fps in UHD 3840x2160 variable frame rate set to 60). I'm testing in a living room at night with yellow hue household LED lights (obviously there is some flicker with the overhead lights.). I could not see the banding in the camera's LCD monitor until I brought it into FCPX.

I've tested footage with my Leica 42.5 and Leica 12-60 lenses and got very little, hardly noticable horizontal banding.

Has anyone else had any issues with the horizontal banding using this lens, or the lens with the speed booster, maybe there is an issue.

Thanks for your suggestions, much appreciated!

Here is photo of the room and the lights.

P1044582 copy.jpgsample clips.jpg

2. Collapse Details
    Are you sure you’re recording VFR? That feature is only available in 8-bit, & VLog-L doesn’t play nice with 8-bit.
    Last edited by Bern Caughey; 12-06-2018 at 09:08 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    Hey Bern, yes I'm recording 3840x2160 uhd 420/8bit/longGop 23.98 Vlog VFR available. I suppose that is the issue, perhaps try Cine-D and see what happens or another color profile? Thanks for the reply!