1. Collapse Details
    5D IV RAW maigc lantern
    Hello,

Any volunteers here that own a 5D IV(or a broken one) that could some tests for the magic lantern team so they can hopefully unleash the full potential of the 5D IV and unlock RAW recording? As they are looking for a pioneer to run the boot flag, when this is done hopefully dozens of other users will step in to test. As the 5D IV is prob the best DSLR camera out there in my opinion when it RAW is enabled.

https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/in....msg209000#new

Kind regards

2. Collapse Details
    If they could find a way to get rid of the crop in 4k it would be quite a great camera. Hope somebody steps forward. Canon should secretly lend one as it helps them with sales in the end.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman2003 View Post
    If they could find a way to get rid of the crop in 4k it would be quite a great camera. Hope somebody steps forward. Canon should secretly lend one as it helps them with sales in the end.
    Im pretty sure they can do it, if some users step forward. Somebody working at a repair shop could easily do it.

4. Collapse Details
    I actually find the camera to be very capable as is. For me I generally use it as my broll camera in the crane 2 gimbal. Almost always shooting 1080 @ 60P Really happy with the CLOG on it and of course the autofocus.
    Cameras: 2x - Sony FS7, 2x - Sony A6500, Canon 5D IV, DJI Mavic Pro, Canon 5D II, Canon 60D, Canon G16, Canon Rebel XT, GoPro Hero 6, 6x - GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, Canon XL2, iPhone 4, iPhone 6, Ricoh KR-10, Fed-2, Fujica Half Frame, Canon ZR-100, Sony DCR-TRV 310.

5. Collapse Details
    Yes. Add RAW to the 1080p mix and it would really perk up as the MKIII did. Take the crop away in 4k and it goes to another level.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman2003 View Post
    Yes. Add RAW to the 1080p mix and it would really perk up as the MKIII did. Take the crop away in 4k and it goes to another level.
    If I was using it as my main camera then maybe but as a broll camera the file sizes of raw are not worthwhile in most situations.
    Cameras: 2x - Sony FS7, 2x - Sony A6500, Canon 5D IV, DJI Mavic Pro, Canon 5D II, Canon 60D, Canon G16, Canon Rebel XT, GoPro Hero 6, 6x - GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, Canon XL2, iPhone 4, iPhone 6, Ricoh KR-10, Fed-2, Fujica Half Frame, Canon ZR-100, Sony DCR-TRV 310.

7. Collapse Details
    I agree. The RAW workflow is tough as well given the file created is not native to NLEs.

8. Collapse Details
    Overnight prores transcoding ;P i love the 5d3's raw... but yeah, mostly for personal projects.

9. Collapse Details
    If magic lantern can figure this out, then this will probably be my A cam and B CAM.
    - RAW for personal passion projects and high budget commercials. The RAW workflow is not that bad for these kind of projects and def worthwhile as quality goes up 5X.
    - h264 for the everyday corporate stuff.

10. Collapse Details
    Made me revisit some of my old stuff... even when coded to proreshq, you still have a very malleable file that doesn't degrade right away. Added 30 midtone detail, but no unsharp masking. Rest is just pushing around colors. Was shot on the 5d3 raw with the 100mm 2.8L macro lens.

example_1.1.1.jpg