Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Actually the ZEEN is no more bulky than the average wheelchair or even some walkers. And the mobility is vastly superior. The seat lifting mechanism can be incorporated into just about any chair design and is little more than a spring arm concept which is quite elegant. As someone with some knee injuries from my youth, I can imagine this being incredibly useful in my later years. One of the greatest factors in mortality is mobility, as the elderly find it increasing difficult to move their systems rapidly decay. I think the ZEEN is pretty amazing and elegant, and I can also imagine it being mass-produced relatively affordably. It's likely something many insurance plans would subsidize.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

2. Collapse Details
    I don't know- what about a single wheel device with couple of 2 axis stabilizing gyros? It would be even more nimble with a footprint smaller than a human footprint. Now that would be something !!!! A cart with a foot print of a wheelchair will have the same mobility limitations as, well, a wheelchair....
    Last edited by optitek; 12-06-2018 at 02:46 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by optitek View Post
    I don't know- what about a single wheel device with couple of 2 axis stabilizing gyros? It would be even more nimble with a footprint smaller than a human footprint. Now that would be something !!!! A cart with a foot print of a wheelchair will have the same mobility limitations as, well, a wheelchair....
    Their device doesn't need any type of electronics or power and is incredibly stable in its "natural state". I've seen a handicapped person using a Segway type device to get around and they were thrown from it when it hit the threshold of a door as he was navigating to the handicap ramp to leave the restaurant. And according to his wife, it had happened other times as well. I'm sure safety and simplicity were at the top of Garret and Chris' thought and design process. I've been on a modified Segway for Steadicam at the workshops and while it is very cool, if I were an elderly handicapped person with diminished reflexes and mobility, I don't think I would feel very safe on something like that.

4. Collapse Details
    Well this was just an example. And I did not mean a Segway. Anyway- why not use modern tech to help elderly? Why be afraid of it?

5. Collapse Details
    Retired steadicam operators will need one of these.
    Cameras: 2x - Sony FS7, 2x - Sony A6500, Canon 5D IV, DJI Mavic Pro, Canon 5D II, Canon 60D, Canon G16, Canon Rebel XT, GoPro Hero 6, 6x - GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, Canon XL2, iPhone 4, iPhone 6, Ricoh KR-10, Fed-2, Fujica Half Frame, Canon ZR-100, Sony DCR-TRV 310.

6. Collapse Details
    Well be my guest to go ahead and build your better mousetrap.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    I think the ZEEN is pretty amazing and elegant, and I can also imagine it being mass-produced relatively affordably. It's likely something many insurance plans would subsidize.
    Agree. Would certainly like to try this out in person - but looks very promising. OP- thanks for sharing the link!

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    Well be my guest to go ahead and build your better mousetrap.
    Oh yes and here it is....;-)
    I would, really. As well as my concept smart bike that diagnoses the cardio vascular system problems, the single lens single camera stereoscopic system, the range extender for electric cars, the grid eliminator for homes, etc, etc. Unfortunately I have responsibilities to my family, wife, two kids in college and as long as they need me I'll be there for them first and foremost. No time to play inventor just yet Mitch...

9. Collapse Details
    I saw the Zeen presentation vimeo video a few weeks ago and it's still been stuck in my head since.

It's absolutely brilliant and as someone who's worked in elderly care facilities, it would absolutely be welcome and extremely useful.

I hope they get the proper funding and get the right eyes on this thing, because it's amazing.

10. Collapse Details
    Director of Photography
    Garrett begins his inventing process by drawing a list of parameters. With the Zeen, keeping it all mechanical was one of his earliest design intentions. Having to remember to plug it in to recharge may be difficult for someone with impaired memory, plus the simplicity in manufacturing cost and upkeep will make this attractive for all involved.

I think it was covered in the video but he embarked on this project after his own father was becoming eligible for a walker some time ago. Both he and Chris are plenty nimble! Chris still works as an operator.
    Charles Papert

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12