1. Collapse Details
    Videos for Clients without websites
    Question
    This has been a question I've been asking myself

There are businesses are interested in getting videos created for them but they either do not have a website, social media account, or just do not have a lot of audience attraction.
    It may seem pointless for them to have a video created if not a lot of people will watch it.

Do you just shoot a video for them and hand it over to them and they do whatever,
    or do you have other ways to promote what they are trying to sell?

Sometimes I may upload to my youtube/instagram, but it would be my own version of it, and not the same as the clients.
    And that's IF it fits with my work.
    Then again, I dont have a big following myself
    Michael Frymus
    Cinematographer || Gaffer || Travel Photographer

Instagram (Photography)
    Instagram (BTS Videos)
    Website

2. Collapse Details
    In these cases, you would send them a private/unlisted link - from your own account, or you kindly ask them to create a free YouTube or Vimeo account where all of their future content can go to build exposure for their company (they like to hear that) - they can use to send to people via e-mail, social media, etc.

3. Collapse Details
    I have learnt something new lately. Even if company has youtube, facebook, instagram etc it is not unusual that they are looking for "channel" where they could publish their video/s. And it make a lot of sense. Since even the most beautiful video nowadays is lost in internet crowd of videos. Unless you have strong youtube channel or social media account or you pay a lot of money for promotion. With friend we have quite good youtube channel and we get a lot of offers for cooperation. Even though we are able to do videos for their websites, they almost every time want to use our channel, since we usually have 200k of views on video. If they would want to have 200k views on small channel they would have to pay a lot of money. That's why influencers/youtubers etc are payed so well nowadays..

4. Collapse Details
    Vimeo doesn't allow posting of business promotional videos without a paid pro commercial account.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Razz16mm View Post
    Vimeo doesn't allow posting of business promotional videos without a paid pro commercial account.
    Depends on the content, who's monitoring, how it looks, how many videos the account may have, etc.

With the millions of videos they get, not sure they are going to take down a 30-second promo for 'Mom and Pops Christmas Cookies'.

---

Per usual, most people only care if they think they can somehow make money off of you/with you if you're making a lot of it or appear to be.