1. Collapse Details
    Export Settings for "Stock" Video
    I have very long clips, some over an hour, and they all have just peices of useable material I will be adding to my own libraries of "stock" footage.

Ideally, I would just like to trim off all the parts I do not want and store the clips that i like just as the original video was shot. But I take it this is not possible? Or, is there a way to simply cut my footage and keep it in the same mp4 container it was shot in?

From what I read it seems I will have to compress it in order to save the new, trimmed clips. If that is the case I was wondering what good compression settings are. I have been using h264 with a variable bitrate of 15 to export the clips to use in future projects, and I am having a hard time finding if this is a good mix between file size and quality.

How would you guys handle storing clips to use in future projects like this?

Thank you for any input!

2. Collapse Details
    In Davinci Resolve, two ways:
    - Cut the video in short clips. Save as compound clips.
    - Or cut the long clip in short clips then deliver as 'seperate clips' instead of clip (='whole timeline').
    Save the clips in any format or container you like.
    Now you have different clips.

Now use viewer, for sony that is Catalyst Browse' or any other viewer. To change your clipname and metadata.
    Last edited by Publimix; 12-01-2018 at 03:12 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Thank you. So I am correct in assuming if for example you have a one hour 20GB mp4 clip from your camera, you can't just cut it in the middle and have two roughly 10GB mp4 clips, you have to send it through an extra round of compression first, or do lossless. I suppose I just don't understand video enough to comprehend why doimg something like that is not very simple, just cutting a video into pieces.

4. Collapse Details
    You can save or render the clips in any format. So yes you can cut it in the middle. And save as mp4. But rendering is always nessecary as far as I know. But there won't be an extra round of compression when rendering.