Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Collapse Details
    I 'lol' a lot in my posts if you've ever read anything else by me.

I am actually laughing out loud when I get quoted and asked but which camera can shoot 4K/60p @800Mb/s like that's the be all & end all.

I also said 'in my opinion' like 10x throughout this thread.

Trust me, I'm biting my tongue in what I really think about the camera and its price.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Trust me, I'm biting my tongue in what I really think about the camera and its price.
    I don't see any need for that at all. If someone says they think XX due to YY, everyone can draw their own conclusions and correctly attribute the right amount of value/insight to the posts.

But I think you're getting some push back because many of us are just seeing the XX. And then the statements become more universally valid. And then some of us who don't agree say so and try to explain why.

So what are some of your YYs? For example, I don't think we've come up with a camera that offers the same things for a better price, yet.
    @andreemarkefors

3. Collapse Details
    Well, quite frankly I didn't see a need for you to jump on me from the beginning, lol.

I mean at the end of the day, Andree, I never questioned anyone. If I wasn't the first to respond and saw 10 replies before me saying the camera is totally worth every penny, I wouldn't quote each person and question them why.

I said from the beginning that it was my opinion the camera was not worth the money and then was jumped on with validations. 'Many of us' was only you and jcs and my argument with jcs turned into a color debate.

I never asked for your opinion; I didn't start the thread. You should have answered to the OP, not to me. I don't care.

I just feel like you don't like my opinion and it sounds like it's bothering you that I don't think the camera is worth it, but who cares what either of us think!

4. Collapse Details
    Well, quite frankly I didn't see a need for you to jump on me from the beginning, lol.
    I don't jump on people.

You said the camera was overpriced in today's world without giving any specific reason. Since I feel "overpriced" is a relative term, I simply asked you to explain compared to what.

I hardly think that qualifies.

I'm simply going to assume you don't need the whole feature set and that your analysis of the camera's value is based on that.

I do understand that writing "Hey guys, I don't need half the features, so I think the camera is expensive" is a non-starter as most people reading wouldn't know how to respond, other than possibly: doh!
    @andreemarkefors

5. Collapse Details
    I encourage you to use my entire post if you quote me instead of one line here and there when you respond...just puts everything into context.

Quoting only one line like above not only makes me look like an imbecile, lol, but isn't fair to me without showing the rest of what I said.

---

It's of course always about the features, man.

Of course I don't think it's worth the price for the features it offers and/or lacks.

But if I provided you a thorough breakdown on why I personally don't think it's worth it, you'd ask me again to play your game and show you another camera that does everything for the price tag and it's never ending.

You can take any camera and ask anyone to show you another camera that does the same for the price.

Although some will have similar feature sets, they are still different - for better or for worse - because they are created by different companies.

It's like...show me another camera that does what the a7III does for the price. The GH5. The EOS R.

You can choose any camera from my list on page 1 or from the entire B&H catalog.

There will always be something either missing, something new, or something that is better or worse!!!

6. Collapse Details
    I encourage you to use my entire post if you quote me instead of one line here and there when you respond...just puts everything into context.
    I always break out the quotes I'm actually responding to, to increase clarity. I would never cut a sentence short or exclude words to twist the meaning of things people say—that would be changing context. My only tip is to only write things you actually mean and stand behind—I'm assuming that is what we all do anyway.

Of course I don't think it's worth the price for the features it offers and/or lacks.

But if I provided you a thorough breakdown on why I personally don't think it's worth it, you'd ask me again to play your game and show you another camera that does everything for the price tag and it's never ending.
    If you gave a thorough breakdown, I don't see why anyone would ask questions? My guess is that people would just understand?

But, I think we've come full circle here. Perhaps even a few times over. To me, the discussion was about fleshing out the concept of "overpriced" to de facto help someone interested in the camera make the right decision.
    @andreemarkefors

7. Collapse Details
    camarade - let us know what you go with!

Ignore my personal opinion about it, I'm no one.

Definitely test the camera out (if you haven't) and see if it's a good fit for you.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456