Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
  1. Collapse Details
    You need to be in their Marketing department.

2. Collapse Details
    Then I really wouldn't know!

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanik View Post
    Off topic (but maybe back on topic... I don't know anymore):
    I wonder if Panasonic had just called it "Varicam Mini" things might be different?
    Yes, things would be very different.

Because it would be a lie. It would be the same as if Arri had put a Sony A7 sensor in the Alexa Mini and still called it the Alexa Mini.

For the record I think a better name would have been DVX400, HVX300 or something like that. Because in many ways it's actually a modern version of that with an exchangeable lens. It's more that than a Varicam Mini, without the Varicam sensor.

4. Collapse Details
    Eva1 is popular here... Rental wise

5. Collapse Details
    EVA-1 PL mount swap?
    Quote Originally Posted by jag201 View Post
    I bought a C300 MkI right when it came out. At the time everyone wanted the F3 and I wondered if I made a good call.

After 3 years of rentals and making my investment back many times over I sold the package and picked up an FS7 in Dec 2014 when it was first released. For about 6 months it was hard to get it on jobs because everyone was attached to the C300.

Producers get used to having a go-to camera in each price point and it's hard to convince them to switch. I think the EVA will continue to make inroads as DP's are able to convince clients to try something new and the clients see the added quality in the footage.

The only drawback to the EVA over the FS7 is the lens mount - the E mount is a winner for versatility. I have the Wooden Camera PL mod for the EVA and I'm switching back and forth between PL and EF way more than I would like. But at the end of the day the EVA is a superior camera to the FS7 in terms of image and color science - my clients have been really happy with it and I've only had a couple jobs in the last year that I wasn't able to convince to make the switch.
    I have a lot of EF lenses, but would like to rent PL lenses for some jobs. How time consuming is it to switch between the EF mount to PL mount and back again? Does it require shims and can you re-shim quickly and repeatedly?
    https://vimeo.com/davepatterson
    "preditor" (shooter/editor)

6. Collapse Details
    Takes about 15 minutes sitting at a clean table. Not something to do in the field. Wooden Camera supplies extra shims but I've seen a bunch of these done and so far the standard shimming has always been spot on. Wooden Camera has a nice video showing how to change the mount. It's pretty straightforward.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    Takes about 15 minutes sitting at a clean table. Not something to do in the field. Wooden Camera supplies extra shims but I've seen a bunch of these done and so far the standard shimming has always been spot on. Wooden Camera has a nice video showing how to change the mount. It's pretty straightforward.
    Thanks, Mitch. I will look for the Wooden Camera video to see how it's done.
    https://vimeo.com/davepatterson
    "preditor" (shooter/editor)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910