Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Feeley View Post
    Good call I think. This sort of kit is really cool and attractive... I too need to fight GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)... Plus, the good stuff isn't too expensive to rent (if you live in an area large enough to have a good rental house, that is). Also, for many of my jobs, we could fit an 8x8 into the space.

Related note: Have you all checked out the YouTube videos by Luke Seerveld (good SF Bay Area gaffer)? Good stuff!

Meet The Gaffer
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...xkLFyUE5JBulXt
    Thanks for the youtube link. Good stuff on there!
    Yeah fighting G.A.S is ongoing,
    The drive to increase capabilities/get bigger/do more is ever present. I still am not at the level I wanted to be at by this time (my biz partner robbing me blind was a huge setback) and I'm no longer young and strong now.

There are no places to rent where I am nor people to talk about this stuff with. Nor can I go look at any gear at stores. So I am very grateful for this online community.
    You guys have helped tremendously through the years.

2. Collapse Details
    Oh, an edit to correct an error you probably figured out:

"Also, for many of my jobs, we could fit an 8x8 into the space" should read "we could NOT fit an 8x8"

In other words, an 8x8 would probably not be used on most jobs, so would it earn back the investment?
    ----------
    Jim Feeley
    POV Media

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Feeley View Post
    Oh, an edit to correct an error you probably figured out:

"Also, for many of my jobs, we could fit an 8x8 into the space" should read "we could NOT fit an 8x8"

In other words, an 8x8 would probably not be used on most jobs, so would it earn back the investment?
    LOL Yes I figured that out and thought the same thing myself. Simply too large for most of my current jobs

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the share! Can vouch that my 4x4 is great, hoping to make a 6x6 and an 8x8 this winter for those odd occasions that I need them!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12