Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    I don't see the parallelogram thing doing anything in the first video of post 23. Is that right?

Why do you need the left/right swing function? Is that to take left right sway from the van out?
    I cant really either - maybe its not!.. but when it was added the vibes went that you see in the 'dissabpointment' video.

The left right swing is the same thing - if there is a hard restriction in any axis shake justs permeates the rig.

--

Consider a 4.4 driving along the side of a mountain, the shocks are now at the wrong angle compared to gravity - hence the need for a shock system that will bounce when hit with off axis forces.

In design the 'mountain' situation is unlikely but gives a concept that 3 axes of freedom are needed , even on a mild camber a one axis arm wont be working against gravity properly.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Well, I'm not as ambitious but some guys in my market created the following, which I offer up as potential inspiration:

ShotSeeker.jpg

Here is their website: http://shootseeker.com

The key in their beast(s) is that stabilized remote head.

As far as a Ronin / Jib combo, these guys are mounting their Ronin to a Cinevate Jib:

http://iamrobhughes.co.uk/equipment-hire/
    Big sources matter.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    just curious, but surely someone has mounted a handheld gimbal device like the Zhiyun-Tech on a Ronin, no? Is it gimbal mounted on a gimbal better than a gimbal alone as far as removing vibration? Or not necessarily so and the math just doesn't work like that?

What about an Osmo mounted on a Zhiyun which is mounted on a Ronin which itself is mounted on a Steadicam? ( Why am I suddenly thinking of "Turducken"? )
    Big sources matter.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JPNola View Post
    Well, I'm not as ambitious but some guys in my market created the following, which I offer up as potential inspiration:

ShotSeeker.jpg

Here is their website: http://shootseeker.com

The key in their beast(s) is that stabilized remote head.

As far as a Ronin / Jib combo, these guys are mounting their Ronin to a Cinevate Jib:

http://iamrobhughes.co.uk/equipment-hire/
    Thank you JPNola. That bar going up from the receiver hitch is how I intend to mount my "hitch cam" which is another project I am working on in addition to the jib idea. That would allow me to have adjustable heights to attach the cheeseplate/isolator/gimbal/camera. Orginally I was just going to have one height but that would be limiting and a bar going up would allow great versatilty. I just need to figure a good way to attach the stuff to the bar so it can easily be adjusted up and down.

Looks like they have some good setups and that fancy Scorpio head is key.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JPNola View Post
    just curious, but surely someone has mounted a handheld gimbal device like the Zhiyun-Tech on a Ronin, no? Is it gimbal mounted on a gimbal better than a gimbal alone as far as removing vibration? Or not necessarily so and the math just doesn't work like that?

What about an Osmo mounted on a Zhiyun which is mounted on a Ronin which itself is mounted on a Steadicam? ( Why am I suddenly thinking of "Turducken"? )
    I've wondered the same thing. Would they improve things or work against each other? Or neither?

And could a "double" gimbal be invented where one handled horizontal forces and the other vertical...

6. Collapse Details
    Movi carbon is a double gimbal I think

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234