1. Collapse Details
    F35 Serial Numbers
    Funny I noticed this cool piece of information stored right in-front of our faces in the F35 2.12 Firmware Update Readme/Release Notes

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 9.46.37 PM.jpg

I've got 11063 and 11068

Who has the last made F35?

Interesting I think the first number is F23 to F35 kits, there were 40 of those! (there must be more hidden in the woodworks. This would be a good argument to snap up a cheap F23) However the serial numbers match the F35 numbers?? I assume any converted F23 would have 2 give aways, the serial sticker on the body should still say F23 and the side panel would have the ND filters printed in that little panel.

Only 128 of the original Black PL mount and 85 of the silver.

I'm sure there are more outside of this, but it is still an interesting piece of information I had never noticed before.

2. Collapse Details
    F65 serial numbers
    Consequently, for the F65, there appears to be about 350 or so produced as of when the v2.20 firmware was released in 2012. Whatís strange is that there are small 1 or 2 serial number gaps that the firmware doesnít apply to. Perhaps these were custom F65ís?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --
    Ed Araquel - Photographer, SMPSP
    http://edaraquel.com
    Sony F65, 2 - A7RIII, A6500 and a mixed bag of Nikon, E mount, and PL mount lenses
    Instagram: @edaphotographer

3. Collapse Details
    I have to stay away from this forum. It is not a healthy place for my bank balance......

repeat...stay away from this forum. Stay away from this forum. Stay away from this forum. There.

......didnt work !

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Mine:

5. Collapse Details
    sorry to ask, but tell me again the difference between the black ring and silver ring versions (blk 10,001 to 10,128 - slv 11,000 to 11,085)

6. Collapse Details
    Black PL mount is "dead mount" no lens connection.

Silver PL mount has lens data so you get feet and iris on viewfinder if your lens supports it. Sony also added lens data port (the kind of plug you find on a b4 lens) in a terrible place. Most people ended up sawing these ports off.

The serial numbers won't really tell you what the PL mount will be. Early cameras were offered upgrade kits of silver PL front plates and this is why there are so many extra F35 front plates floating around. Also Clairmont made a titanium PL mount that they switched on cameras they sold. p.i.m.p. has one of these mount on his camera.

All in all it really means nothing. The newest silver PL mount with the lens connector still on it is actually the most limiting. Besides the Canon 17-120, I don't know any other PL lens with that cable. And if you didn't have the port you just use d-tap to power the lens instead.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by yachacha View Post

Silver PL mount has lens data so you get feet and iris on viewfinder if your lens supports it. Sony also added lens data port (the kind of plug you find on a b4 lens) in a terrible place. Most people ended up sawing these ports off.

The serial numbers won't really tell you what the PL mount will be. Early cameras were offered upgrade kits of silver PL front plates and this is why there are so many extra F35 front plates floating around. Also Clairmont made a titanium PL mount that they switched on cameras they sold. p.i.m.p. has one of these mount on his camera.

All in all it really means nothing. The newest silver PL mount with the lens connector still on it is actually the most limiting. Besides the Canon 17-120, I don't know any other PL lens with that cable. And if you didn't have the port you just use d-tap to power the lens instead.
    You can add that cable to any of the Fuji Cabrio zooms (20-pin to 12-pin cable).
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

8. Collapse Details
    10018 here

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by yachacha View Post

With the 17-120 you actually may not even need the port. At least with my F55, the lens does power, data and control all through the Sony PL mount that has LDS/iData pins. One of the many nice things about it. You just slap the lens on and go.