Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    I would have loved to have seen the fishing pole holder snap. I could see the grip head "giving" and loosening up(and dropping the holder) before the actual holder breaking. I would have to imagine something was really wrong with it(manufacturing defect or had just been severely abused for years), because in their real intended/designed for use, they can easily be subjected to way more load and stress than what is being applied to it when it's being used as a boom pole holder. Even someone forcefully moving something sitting it.

2. Collapse Details
    It had to be a bad weld of the post. I don't see any other way of breaking that thing.

3. Collapse Details
    This thread inspired me to build my own boom holder. I have the fishing pole type, but I liked what I saw in the Kupo and Boommate Filmguy mentioned. I wanted something like those, but that packed a bit tighter. This one folds down when not using it. Getting the pole in and out is so much easier and I don't feel it is harming the pole the way I did with the fishing pole. For you DIYers:

Here it is in use and the second picture shows it folded for packing.
    20181116_130124[1].jpg
    20181116_130409[1].jpg

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Nice. A little bit of Plasti Dip on the curved holder pieces and you could make some extra Christmas money. I'd give $25 for that ; )

5. Collapse Details
    I decided to use moleskin on the inside (not yet installed in the pictures) because it let's the pole rotate and move easily. The plastic dip is more durable, but it has sticktion.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    I decided to use moleskin on the inside (not yet installed in the pictures) because it let's the pole rotate and move easily. The plastic dip is more durable, but it has sticktion.
    That's not a bad darn idea. Definitely make slight tweaks/rotations pretty much effortless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12