Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks puredrifting. Yeah im not sure how the licensing works during the championships, I could try to find out. Not sure If im even allowed to film over there at all, as it will be broadcasted. So there is a limited budget where music is probably going to get a big cut from, If i have to deal with championship licenses there will be nothing left I fear. I could use the results though and play them against b-roll/archive footage. Or even shoot Interviews afterwards of them, when some days/weeks have passed.

2. Collapse Details
    Some excellent advice in this thread. I would also add one thing: take as much care casting your main protagonist as you would when shooting narrative drama. When I choose my subjects for observational docs, the first question I ask myself is, why would an audience care about this person? Are they engaging? Interesting? Compelling? Do I want to spend a year of my life in the company of this person? If the answer is yes, there's a very good chance the audience will want to spend an hour or ninety minutes with them too.

3. Collapse Details
    As usual, great post puredrifting!

If I could ask, which sport is involved?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12