1. Collapse Details
    I switched to Windows 10, now Premiere...
    Hi!

I just switched to Windows 10 pro (before I was on Windows 7 pro) and I am having problems with Premiere pro playback. I plays at around 90% of what it is supposed to. It does the same with youtube too.
    I think the problems lies between my graphic card and Premiere because if I reset my computer and open YouTube, it plays great. But if I open Premiere and go back to youtube, youtube plays at 90%.

Someone?
    Canon C100, GH4, HPX250, HPX170, GH2, Jimmy jib lite, Portajib Explorer, Advanta jib

2. Collapse Details
    I'm running Premiere Pro on Windows 10 Pro, but that is a box that started with 10...ie, I didn't upgrade from 7. But a couple thoughts:

OS & Graphics card compatibility?

Adobe Premiere Pro CC system requirements (current October release)
    (Note Win10 build requirements and graphics card driver/etc info)
    https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro...uirements.html

Premiere Pro CC system requirements | earlier releases
    (Note the several Win10 builds that cause trouble and the list of compatible (or at least supported) graphics cards)
    https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro...-versions.html

And perhaps look into manually updating drivers for your GPU, etc:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/...update-drivers

Sorry if this is all too basic. Good luck!
    ----------
    Jim Feeley
    POV Media

3. Collapse Details
    I just found my problem. It was my SD MixpreD and ASIO driver that was the problem. I installed AsioForAll and now it works.
    Basically, the audio was playing at 90% speed and the video had to stop every 5 seconds or so to stay sync with the audio.

Now, why does ASIO is not compatible with my SD in Windows 10 but was working fine in Windows 7?
    Canon C100, GH4, HPX250, HPX170, GH2, Jimmy jib lite, Portajib Explorer, Advanta jib

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Drivers are tricky animals. Even a minor OS revision can break drivers. Windows 10 dropped minimum latency from 12ms down to 1.3ms, which is very, very good. ASIO4ALL uses the lowest latency driver available e.g. WSAPI, so you should get excellent performance even if SD doesn’t have an updated ASIO driver.

See also: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...-latency-audio

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Doug, I'd be interested to know your overall experiences with the upgrade to Windows 10.

Did you do a clean re-install of everything (software, drivers, etc) or just do the download/update process for Windows. Did you have to pay for the Upgrade or was your old Windows 7 activation key still usable for the free upgrade offer? And how are you finding the CC/Windows 10 combo? Any notable differences in performance (either good or bad)?

I've been on Windows 7 for years on my primary workstations, and I keep them offline as much as possible to prevent anything changing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it - and every editor knows not to mess with your system or OS once you've got it running nicely. It looks like Adobe have forced our hands though and after I finish my next major project I'm going to have to get Windows 10.
    VIDEO PRODUCER ON THE NSW NORTH COAST, AUSTRALIA
    Sony FS700 || Shogun Inferno
    Adobe CC 2018

6. Collapse Details
    Yes a clean install of everything. I tried to just upgrade but it didn't work. I called Microsoft and they said I had to do a clean re-install. I also had to pay 300$ CAD. Microsoft had a promotion back in 2015-2016 for a free upgrade but it's no longer available. I should've take that deal back then but I didn't want to change Windows 7 which was working perfectly. But I am glad that I had to format my SSD because. A good clean up once in a while is a good idea.
    I didn't see any real differences in performance, so if it there is any improvement, it's minimal. But I have to say that I like the Windows 10 better now, I just had to get used to it.
    Only problem is that my Sound Devices MixPreD is now incompatible with Windows10/Premiere. I had to install AsioForAll so I could use my SD MixpreD. The last app from Adobe are not compatible with Windows 7, so something had to change.
    But all in all, it's a good move.