Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Sachtler Group Buy incl. Flowtech 100 on RedUser
    If anyone on here is a member on REDUser.net, a member just set up a Sachtler Group Buy, including the new Flowtech 100's. If they reach 20 orders, the Flowtech's drop to $2760 and if they go over 21 they drop to $2691. It includes head/leg packages and the legs by-themsleves.

If I could ever get my account fully approved(been waiting almost 5 months now, WTF?), I'd possibly buy another set through it to replace my other "regular" set of Speed Locks. These prices are insane.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...ipod-Packages!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Thanks for posting R&G. And I'm definitely interested. So - just signed up over at reduser, since I don't have an account there. I hope my account gets approved before the deadline!!

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by markfpv View Post
    Thanks for posting R&G. And I'm definitely interested. So - just signed up over at reduser, since I don't have an account there. I hope my account gets approved before the deadline!!
    I hope so, too. I registered back in June and have yet to gain any permissions(I do show up in the 'users online' section). Contacted the REDUser site administrator twice and never received any response and just reached out to a DVX moderator today that I believe is also a REDUser moderator, hoping they can help. I can understand maybe taking a few days, but months...?

4. Collapse Details
    Please do update here if you receive any response... my registration over there is also sitting in the moderator's queue to be approved... ugh. Hard to pay dealer price after seeing those prices...

5. Collapse Details
    Just email Chris directly and he'll get you down.

redepicguy@gmail.com

6. Collapse Details
    Thanks. Will do.

7. Collapse Details
    Please do update here if you receive any response... my registration over there is also sitting in the moderator's queue to be approved... ugh. Hard to pay dealer price after seeing those prices...
    The list price is crazy. B&H was selling them at list for at least the first few weeks(they have since dropped it by almost $200). My dealers "regular" price(non-high volume customers) was already way under list(and way under B&H's current price) and the price that I received was not far from the group buy price(about two days per diem ; ) )(But don't get me wrong, the GB is damn good, especially if you don't have a good dealer). The price drop you see at B&H is probably in response to the group buy. I know that Vitec has really pissed off some (BIG) dealers with it. From a consumer perspective, these group buys are great. I got in on the Gemini and Hive 200C buys and saved a big chunk 'o money, but for the manufacturers, is it really worth pissing off and alienating your dealers? I mean lets face it, even on the group buys they can't be selling more than what their large dealers buy from them. Are they...? But then again, talking to reps over the last few years, a lot of manufacturers have started dancing around the dealers, undercutting them(sometimes) and 'selling direct'.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    Are they...? But then again, talking to reps over the last few years, a lot of manufacturers have started dancing around the dealers, undercutting them(sometimes) and 'selling direct'.
    I was originally going to buy a kit from the reduser.net group buy. When I was at NAB NY last month I came across these guys www.ozentripods.com . Wound up buying one of their 100mm demo tripod/head kits a couple of days ago. OZEN Camera Supports is run by a former Vitec employee and is located in Trumbull CT, about 8 miles south of Vitec's Anton Bauer facility in Shelton CT. The deal I got from OZEN far surpassed anything the group buy offered. I know some of you will criticize the OZEN gear as Sachtler knock offs, but it came with a 4 year warranty and appears to be equal to Sachtler in quality. By the way, I own a Sachtler FSB6/Speedlock 75 kit that I bought about 7-8 years ago. Both items are in need of repair. I was quoted a repair price of $650 for labor plus parts for the FSB6 head. Not worth repairing.

9. Collapse Details
    Odd that there's no pricing info on their web site... Where would one purchase an Ozen? Must you phone or email them?

10. Collapse Details
    Odd that there's no pricing info on their web site... Where would one purchase an Ozen? Must you phone or email them?
    Contact sales@ozentripods.com. The person I dealt with was David Cox.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast