Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by markfpv View Post
    Thanks Chris. Just submitted the form... can't wait to hear back from the distributor. Really appreciate you posting in this thread for those of us who can't seem to join the Red user group.
    No problem!!

2. Collapse Details
    Chris - just wondering if you or anyone has received info on ship dates yet from resellers? I was contacted on 11/27 by the VI folks and told that a reseller would process the order and I would receive a planned ship date on the unit. But, I'm still waiting on both - with last contact from them on 12/6.
    I'm trying to determine my end-of-year purchases...

3. Collapse Details
    As much as I like my Flowtech 100's, I decided to wait on adding another set and spend my money on some other gear, here at the end of the year. I think Sachtler/Vinten hit a homer with them, though. I did a shoot with one of my friends son, who works for him. His dad text me that night after the shoot asking me about them and then bought two sets the next day.

The Gemini GB(which is also a Vitec product) back in the summer didn't have too bad of a delay on the actual light(accessories were a different story, depending on where you were in line).

4. Collapse Details
    Well coincidentally I finally heard back yesterday and was given my assigned reseller info with a planned ship date of Jan 2019. The timing couldn't be worse for me. Would much prefer to make large purchases for 18 taxes but I also have a shoot booked that 2nd week of Jan which I was needing to have a better tripod for building up my FS7... errrggghhh...

5. Collapse Details
    I believe as long as you pay for it in '18 by credit card, you can count it towards your 2018 taxes without actually having to have it in your possession. But, yes, it would be nice to have it, now.

I wonder what dealer(s) they are using for fulfillment? I know my dealer(not part of this) still had them in stock a few days ago and B&H shows that they currently have them in-stock, as well. But, I know how you feel. It's been three full months since I ordered and paid for my Hive 200C's in that GB and still have not received them and it's been radio silence for a month.

6. Collapse Details
    My ordered ending up being fulfilled by Professional Audio & Video Systems and was delivered on on 12/14.

Mark- was tripod head are you using for your FS7? I'm looking to upgrade there as well. I'm shooting primarily run & gun and doc filming. I'm torn between getting a Sachtler DV head or maybe a used O'Connor.

7. Collapse Details
    Hello - I've been using a Manfrotto 519 - which is a 75mm. And while I believe it is supposed to support up to 22lbs - I've certainly been pushing my luck - especially when building up and the FS7 and using cinema lenses for certain jobs (doesn't happen often, but still).
    It does still have nice fluid moves, I've just been waiting to upgrade to beefier model for some time...so this group buy was perfect timing for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123