Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    The story I heard is that he is a former manager or executive from Vitec and they are "Chinese knock-offs" of Sachtler heads. Not judging, just the story that I was told.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bgundu View Post
    Just email Chris directly and he'll get you down.

redepicguy@gmail.com
    I did email Chris directly on the 8th... have not heard back yet. Any RedUser's also on this forum - that might be able to help with either poking a moderator there to add new users waiting in the queue ... or otherwise assist?

3. Collapse Details
    Chris here guys....you MUST register on RU in order to participate, since that helps me keep things organized. You can message me on FB too - Chris McKechnie

I'm not a MOD on reduser, but typical requests are approved within 48-72 hours or so.

These are genuine Sachtler systems guys..no rebrands/knock offs here.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by markfpv View Post
    I did email Chris directly on the 8th... have not heard back yet. Any RedUser's also on this forum - that might be able to help with either poking a moderator there to add new users waiting in the queue ... or otherwise assist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redepicguy View Post
    Chris here guys....you MUST register on RU in order to participate, since that helps me keep things organized. You can message me on FB too - Chris McKechnie

I'm not a MOD on reduser, but typical requests are approved within 48-72 hours or so.

These are genuine Sachtler systems guys..no rebrands/knock offs here.

While this is definetly not Chris' problem, it just makes me wonder what is going on with approvals and granting permissions, on REDUser. I registered back in June and I am apparently a member, because I show up on there as being logged-in and on-line(can log on and off freely), I just can't do anything(post, etc.)/have no permissions. Reached out to the site admin multiple times and a mod that is on both sites(through here). No replies or changes in the way my account behaves. Even tried posting in the section where new members are supposed to, to gain permissions, and I can't even do that("you do not have permission").

Anyway... I was seriously thinking about adding a second set of Flowtech's(so far really like my 100's), but may hold off for a while. My eye is really on the (either) Sigma or Tokina 105mm T1.5. Chris, good job on the GB. Lots of work, but I'm sure everyone appreciates it. Those are really damn good prices.

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks Chris for responding here. And I understand...
    I did register on RU.... but just like R&G, I am still waiting (much longer than 48 - 72 hours) for approval from a moderator - so I cannot post in any thread over there. I know this is not your problem, just very frustrating...
    I have triple checked my spam email to make sure I haven't missed something from a moderator ... but in the same boat as R&G (other than do not have a first set of Flowtech's)
    Last edited by markfpv; Yesterday at 11:54 AM. Reason: typo

6. Collapse Details
    If it continues without the approvals for another week, then I'll add those who want on from here. I do know the mods have been busy and haven't had a lot of time to approve people. I also know that a lot of approvals haven't gone through, so it seems many just fall by the waist side.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    Really appreciate it, Chris. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12