1. Collapse Details
    GH5 - Music video shot with GH5 and ARRI
    Hi all,

I just Produced and Directed a music video for my music project The Division Red. I'm proud to have shot all the model scenes with the GH5 using Cooke Anamorphic -i/SF's. I used the natural profile and did very little correction because I liked the skin tones. I had to use the ARRI in the studio....the 2x crop on a M4/3 sensor proved to be too much. As it was I had really crop in because of the vignetting. I can't wait for the full frame panny....because that looks like it will be a MUCH more inexpensive ARRI mini alternative. Let me know what you think!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Looks great!

Are you using 2.4 gamma for YouTube?

3. Collapse Details
    Very nice.

By the way also a big fan of Natural on the GH cameras.

Question however. Why is the cop factor on the GH5 vs the Alexa Minian issue? You do realize the Alexa is not FF either? If you used Cooke lenses did you not use a Speedbooster in order to use the lens? A GH5 with a .71 Speedbooster is more or less the same FOV as the Alexa. Unless you shot open gate which would make it a bit wider but still nowhere near FF. The Speedbooster XL on the GH5 is a closer match to open gate on the Alexa. Did you just use a simple adapter for the Cooke lenses with no focal reducing?

4. Collapse Details
    @thomas

I didn't even realize that there was even PL mount to m4/3 speed booster! I was using a friends metabones PL (Non focal reduction) adapter. It was a bit of a clunky setup. Now that I know that exists I'm curious to shoot my next project this way...because your right....it almost exactly matches the ALEXA mini sensor. The one thing I loved about the ARRI was the built in ND's ... I scraped together a mattbox and filters for the pool stuff. Pain in the A**

5. Collapse Details
    Nice work. I still use the GH3 and Natural is a good profile.

6. Collapse Details
    Was interested in using the PL>m4/3 SpeedBooster but came across a review on B&H where Metabones had warned a new owner, “...please beware the Metabones PL to E SpeedBooster and PL to M43 SpeedBooster are mainly designed for CP.2 and CP.3 lenses. The depth from the mount surface to the optical element is around =15.7mm, you can measure if the depth is enough to attach your lenses. If the rear element of your lensexceeds the limitation, you couldconsider to go for the non-Speedbooter version. Metabones PL T CINE Speed Booster TMadapters are designed exclusively for the Zeiss CP.2 and CZ.2 lenses. Important Notes : Do not attempt to mount the lenses not under the Lens Comparability List to adapter - physical damage may occur. Lens Compatibility List ZEISS Compact Prime lenses CP.2 15 mm / T2.9 CP.2 21 mm / T2.9 CP.2 25 mm / T2.1 CP.2 28 mm / T2.1 CP.2 35 mm / T1.5 CP.2 35 mm / T2.1 CP.2 50 mm / T1.5 CP.2 50 mm / T2.1 CP.2 50 mm / T2.1 CP.2 85 mm / T1.5 CP.2 85 mm / T2.1 CP.2 100 mm / T2.1 CP.2 135 mm / T2.1 ZEISS Cinema Zoom lenses CZ.215 30 mm / T2.9 CZ.228 80 mm / T2.9 CZ.270 200 mm / T2.9“

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...irds.html/amp/