1. Collapse Details
    Sony PXW-FS5 and Panasonic GH5: better video?
    Hi, I'd like to know which make a better quality of image (better video quality) between Sony Camcorder PXW-FS5 with standard lens and Panasonic GH5 with Leica 12-60mm.
    I already know both can make RAW clips, etc. etc. I don't mean it. I mean if you use them with the same basic config. which of both makes better video.
    I don't need suppositions I need to know really an answer only from guys who use both and they know well both.
    I always used a Sony FDR-AX100 and I need to get a better image quality.
    Thanks for your info.

PS: Out of curiosity: I know that video caamera is old. Has a new model been released since 2015?
    Last edited by FoxAdriano; 10-15-2018 at 03:53 PM.
    A lonesome traveler looking for lost tribes around the world: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoD...6FduohA/videos

2. Collapse Details
    The fs5 has built in Nd

Neither have great auto focus

In focus well exposed are the first elements you need.

The fs5 gets you half way there.

Neither shoot raw, the gh5 has a better codec

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Agree with Sam.
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service

4. Collapse Details
    FoxAdriano, you already have a good camera (GH5) and you are struggling with it. Having the FS5 won’t make your life easier, experience will.
    Canon C100, GH4, HPX250, HPX170, GH2, Jimmy jib lite, Portajib Explorer, Advanta jib

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    But if I do a good exposure with both which of both gives a better image quality? Thanks.
    A lonesome traveler looking for lost tribes around the world: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoD...6FduohA/videos

6. Collapse Details
    The specifications for both cameras as well as many samples are available online. No one can tell you which one has the better quality as that is subjective and even if they did tell you, and prove it with the work they shot, it doesn't matter as their opinions are only opinions. I suggest you do your own research on each camera and form your own opinion or you may end up in Ethiopia disappointed once again. Let's recall that you are satisfied with the GH5 image quality in Italy, but disappointed with it in Ethiopia. So who is to say what camera will work for you.

Perhaps rent an FS5 and see for yourself.
    Last edited by Paul F; 10-15-2018 at 08:59 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxAdriano View Post
    Hi, I'd like to know which make a better quality of image (better video quality) between Sony Camcorder PXW-FS5 with standard lens . . .
    If you really care about the picture quality of the camera, then why stipulate that it be hobbled with the standard lens? Why not evaluate the camera while it is using a very good lens? It's like trying to judge the speed of a sprinter but saying that he has to wear combat boots. Judge the camera for the camera and judge lenses for lenses. Two separate things.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxAdriano View Post
    But if I do a good exposure with both which of both gives a better image quality? Thanks.
    In a lab or a well lit studio the GH5 will make a better file. But in the field (especially a very sunny one) the FS5 most likely will be better as the ND is matched to the sensor unlike any ND you will bolt onto the GH5.