1. Collapse Details
    Duracell batteries acid more?
    Curious. I was under the impression that Duracell were among the longest lasting alkaline batteries and have used them a lot for a couple decades for work.
    But it seems that they acid up way more often than Energizer, Rayovac and any of the cheap no-name batteries I've used including the free ones that come with electronic devices.
    It's vary rare the others acid over.
    I've had new Duracells (guranteed for 10 years in storage) leak in only a couple years of storage.
    Is it because their cells have more in them to start so they are more prone to leak or maybe the seals are weaker or maybe I'm wrong and Duracell really doesn't leak more?
    I'm using alkaline batteries less and less but still curious

2. Collapse Details
    Your theory may have some merit, but who knows (any battery designers out there?). I'd say its anecdotal, but let's hear from others.

Alkaline battery chemistry changes as they discharge (by use or over time). The discharge causes pressure to build up in the battery and it can leak. Since this is a major flaw of alkaline batteries and battery vendors don't want to ruin your equipment, they take this seriously. But it happens.

Heat is a batteries enemy. Higher temperatures degrade their life dramatically. When they say to store in a cool, dry place, they mean it. So maybe you've exposed them to elevated temperatures. 10 years is asking an awful lot from a battery and it depends on what they mean by lasting 10 years. Energizer's documentation shows that an alkaline battery will be at only 80% capacity after 5 years when stored at 30 degrees C and 7 years at 20 degrees C.

Guarantees are easy to make since no one is going to followup on a 10 year battery warranty and even if they do... well, good luck getting any compensation for some batteries you bought 10 years ago; "Well Mr. Firehawk, it's clear you didn't store them properly" or "Ship the batteries to us along with your sales receipt you kept for the last 10 years and also prove these are the batteries you bought 10 years ago Mr. Firehawk.".
    Last edited by Paul F; 10-12-2018 at 11:34 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    And if you try to go after Duracell, you will lose - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-p...-idUSKCN0WI23A