1. Collapse Details
    Varicam LT extended warranty
    Hoping Mitch or someone else can give me advice on this!

I purchased my Varicam through Talamas, got the OLED VF package, cards, etc all through them. They didn't tell me at the time of sale there was any extended warranty for the Varicam available to purchase, it wasn't listed anywhere that I saw from Panasonic, nor from Talamas. I should have thought to ask at the time, I take responsibility for forgetting. A few months ago I was doing some book keeping and realized, "oh crap was there an extended warranty I was supposed to get?" The problem was/is that I was a few months past my 1 year mark. So I emailed Talamas right away and asked what my options were, hoping they'd help me out. Diane told me "we only offer that at time of purchase." I replied I was not offered the warranty and she said she'd "check into it." I also made clear that I understood being past the 1 year was an issue, and said whatever could be worked out, I was happy to ship my LT to a service center for them to verify it was in perfect condition so that a warranty could be granted. (No issues whatsoever with the LT, I purely wanted the warranty for piece of mind)

Well another 2 months have gone by and Diane has never responded to my email, nor my follow up emails politely asking for an update. I'm wondering if she verified through the paper/email trail that I was never offered a warranty, so she stopped responding as she doesn't want to deal with the headache. So I'm frustrated that I spent $25k with a company who now won't respond to my emails, but more so I'm hoping someone can help out here.

I'm not trying to pull a fast one on anybody, again I'm more than happy to ship my camera in at my own cost to have someone verify the camera is in perfect working order. I'm just a Panasonic customer who wants some piece of mind. Thanks.
    Last edited by Straw Man; 10-12-2018 at 04:48 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Was it through Panasonic or some third party that your dealer 'up-sales' you on? Like the ones B&H and others offer. I don't recall Panasonic ever offering "extended warranties" for their cameras for an added charge/cost to the customer(I could be wrong and just missed it). When I bought my last two(previous gen) VariCam's, they offered an extended warranty(maybe 4 or 5 yrs total), but it was free. You just had to register them with Panasonic directly.

3. Collapse Details
    Panasonic does indeed offer an extended warranty, at least in the US. Please contact me directly via PM and provide your contact info. I’ll see what we can do for you.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

4. Collapse Details
    Sent, thanks Mitch.