1. Collapse Details
    Menu choices greyed out
    I'm going through a tutorial for setting up my gh5s and a lot of the menu choices are greyed out, particularly Save/Restore camera settings. Do I have the camera set wrong somehow? thx!

2. Collapse Details
    If you have the camera set in Like709, HLG or VLOg L for example then some things are greyed out that are not changeable in these settings. How do you have the camera set while you are seeing this ?

3. Collapse Details
    I literally just opened the box. HLG View Assist, V-Logl View Assist are greyed out. Battery Use Priority, Save/Restore Camera Setting, sorting and delete from My Menu Setting, Lens Noise Cut, Special mic, XLR Mic Adapter setting, Picture mode on Rec, FLKR decrease, stabilizee, Shading comp, Diffraction compensation, AF Custom setting, Af Custom Setting (video). Audio review. All greyed out.

The list goes on. I have no idea why this is happening. Any ideas? It doesn't matter what setting I have. I

4. Collapse Details
    Menu items are greyed-out when they’re unavailable with your current settings.

Examples...

-HLG View Assist is probably unavailabile unless the Picture Profile “HLG” is currently selected

-Same with VLog-L Assist

-Battery Priority is unavailable unless you have a Battery Grip with additional batteries connected

-XLR Mic Settings is unavailable unless you’ve connected the the XLR Adapter.

The GH5’s menus are a mess but give it time & you’ll figure them out.

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks. Good advice. I'll muddle through it.

6. Collapse Details
    On a side note - while you set up your camera - you should also create your own menu.

Very useful as you can put 20 or so options from any section all into one place.

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks. I'll look into it. Still frustrated over not being able to Save/restore camera settings. That would keep me from being able to create my own menu, no? thx

8. Collapse Details
    The save camera settings is to an SD card so that it can be used by other cameras. If you want to save a setting on the camera use the Custom settings on the dial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vGyB_y-UAo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsAeISCKZdo There are a lot of useful videos on this Lumix Youtube site. As mentioned menus items are only available for attached product like XLR unit or battery grip and dependent on the recording state.

9. Collapse Details
    I figured out why the Save/Restore option was greyed out - I hadn't formatted the card I put in the camera. All good now. thx!