1. Collapse Details
    Questions for GH5 / Metabones EF .71X owners
    Hi folks.

I've had a GH5 for a while now, and own several lenses from Panasonic and Olympus. I've owned Canon glass in the past, and considered picking up a Metabones adapter. The stabilization in the Canon zoom lenses is fantastic. At least on Canon cameras. But I'm not clear if stabilization will work with the metabones on the GH5. The other thing that's a concern is that I was looking at renting one from Lensrentals.com, and noticed that they have a message recommending against the Metabones adapters for mission critical work.

Love to hear any thoughts on the stabilization issue, and more importantly any reliability problems.

2. Collapse Details
    Been using the Speedbooster Ultra fairly often on the GH5 (for video only) since it's release and can't say I've had any issues with Canon IS lenses, you have the choice of using IS or IBIS (if lens IS switch is on it defaults to IS and turns IBIS off). I think the reason Lensrentals puts that disclaimer on there is because of auto focus reliability, which I find acceptable for grabbing quick focus for non-moving objects but wouldn't rely on it for continuous AF. I can only recall one time that the metabones was unresponsive to the GH5 and it was just a matter of remounting the lens and then it was fine.

3. Collapse Details
    Has anyone ever had issues with IBIS working on adapted glass and properly reading the lens focal length?

For example, a 50mm prime on a speedbooster - the camera reads it properly, automatically, factoring in the .71x focal length conversion, and utilizing IBIS correctly?

4. Collapse Details
    I believe you are supposed to enter the focal length after applying the .71x conversion. What you don't do is enter the 2x crop factor. So on mine if mounting an adapted (dumb adapter) 50mm lens I enter 50mm when prompted. If I mount that same lens with a focal reducer I enter 35mm (or 35.5 if available, can't quite remember.

I have a few Nikkor F mount lenses and Rokinon 24mm t1.5 and 50mm t1.5 cine DS lenses in Nikon F mount, also an RJ focal reducer and a Viltrox both .71x

5. Collapse Details
    Even if it's an electronic lens?

6. Collapse Details