Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Yes, it comes down to creative choices. The camera can deliver almost anything you want to make out of the footage.

2. Collapse Details
    BTW, when you get to discuss HFR with any engineers, my hope is to get a 120p continuous with audio AND 1/60th shutter. Many cameras lock the SS to the framerate. This is very important to how I shoot live events and how I get to use slow motion. Basically slow motion is decided back in the edit bay, so being able to shoot "normal" but have improved slow motion when needed would be the best implementation for this working event videographer. Thanks

3. Collapse Details
    The NX80 and AX700 have a 120p codec with audio. I'm not sure what the shutter speed limitations are, however.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman2003 View Post
    BTW, when you get to discuss HFR with any engineers, my hope is to get a 120p continuous with audio AND 1/60th shutter. Many cameras lock the SS to the framerate. This is very important to how I shoot live events and how I get to use slow motion. Basically slow motion is decided back in the edit bay, so being able to shoot "normal" but have improved slow motion when needed would be the best implementation for this working event videographer. Thanks
    You do see the problem with that request, don't you? ; ) Outside of special frame accumulation modes that some cameras have, your shutter speed can't be lower than your frame rate. Audio with high frame rates is no problem(they just have to choose to implement it).

5. Collapse Details
    Also you better have a pretty high bit rate. Up around at least 300Mps for HD and over 1000Mbs for 4K or I wouldn't touch it.

6. Collapse Details
    I am not aware of a technical limitation for having SS lower than frame rate. Is there? On my GH5 I can lower the SS below the frame rate without issue. 1/60th isn't exactly a slow SS for video. Equal SS and frame rate has always been sort of a standard with video cameras but is it really set in stone?

About the bit rate - I thought the higher the frame rate the less space there is between frames therefore less bit rate is needed for the increase. I am guessing the 300Mps number is ALL-I? I shoot long GOP all of the time and get fine slow motion. My PX270 uses AVC-Ultra ~35Mbps for 1080p60 10 bit. Very pleased with this footage. I do not see the need to associate a high bit rate which will make it even less of a possibility to being implemented

I know what I ask is not the norm, but it is reality. Not many people are going to pay you to go film only slo-mo for a job.

7. Collapse Details
    Looks great Doug,

Will be purchasing a Z280 for my corporate shooting this winter. Always nice to see Rockport, such a special place down East.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12