1. Collapse Details
    Questions about using a Gimbal and not having a remote to control iris and focus
    I am looking into purchasing one of these for my pro video camcorder https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...tabilizer.html

Issue is the camera I have which is a canon xa25 doesn't support a remote that controls the exposure. I have asked BH Photo and they said the only remote for the camera I have controls the zoom and focus. Any idea how to control the exposure? Is automatic good enough? Lets say I'm using the gimbal outside and it gets bright. Will the sky be overexposed if set to auto exposure?

I talked to B&H Photo and they told me you can't touch the camera while it's in the gimbal. I also asked them and no new camcorders have a wireless remote that control exposure or focus either. What do I do? I've shot weddings etc before without one and needed to adjust the focus and exposure on the fly as the sun changed some while bride and groom were walking etc.

If I can't touch the camera am I not going to be able to use a Gimbal?

I was also looking into this camera to buy https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...camcorder.html

and B&H told me it would not fit inside the gimbal I'm looking to purchase. I need something that allows a Gimbal and brackets to mount field monitors etc

2. Collapse Details
    curious as well since ive been looking at these new smaller gimbals for use with my c100...so far theyve all “doesnt really work” reviews...have ro remove the grip, and for many some piece of the cam gets caught the gimbal hardware upon more extreme rotations.

Seems like me you’d have to manually focus and iris, THEN get your shot. Huge pain and maybe not feasible for fast moving events like weddings. Shooting broll in an office where the light doesnt change? Maybe feasible.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bass View Post
    curious as well since ive been looking at these new smaller gimbals for use with my c100...so far theyve all “doesnt really work” reviews...have ro remove the grip, and for many some piece of the cam gets caught the gimbal hardware upon more extreme rotations.

Seems like me you’d have to manually focus and iris, THEN get your shot. Huge pain and maybe not feasible for fast moving events like weddings. Shooting broll in an office where the light doesnt change? Maybe feasible.

I'm sorry you are having a similar experience but glad I'm not the only one running into this issue. Yes I agree it seems a Gimbal is for preset shots.

4. Collapse Details
    For my a6500 on a gimbal I use autofocus (with 18-105mm)and auto ISO.
    Aperture and shutter fixed before flying the gimbal.
    No problems at all .

5. Collapse Details
    Probably ok for some shots but depending on what you're shooting those auto settings could change drastically moment to moment in a very unpleasant way, no (bright something or other in frame one second, gone next)?