1. Collapse Details
    Recording EVA1 slowmo to Atomos recorder.
    For the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to record slowmo from the EVA1 to the Atomos Sumo. The camera outputs 4K/UHD via HDMI and the Sumo records 60p. I can't seem to find a way to record the conformed slowmo to ProRes via the recorder. Is this possible?
    Frame Farm Media
    www.framefarmmedia.com

2. Collapse Details
    Only in EVA1 raw. EVA sends the signal to conform with the SDI raw signal. So it will record 24p, change to off speed on EVA1 and it will record 60p on the Sumo to playback at 24. But this is only in Prores RAW (CDNG up to 30p). Also, you are forced to crop in on the sensor if sending raw at 60p. If you want to record standard prores, you need to change your frequency to 24 or 30 or 60.

Quote Originally Posted by FrameFarmMedia View Post
    For the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to record slowmo from the EVA1 to the Atomos Sumo. The camera outputs 4K/UHD via HDMI and the Sumo records 60p. I can't seem to find a way to record the conformed slowmo to ProRes via the recorder. Is this possible?

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    If you want to stick to HDMI and video, you can set the camera and the Sumo to 4K60p and then rest the base frequency on the ProRes files in your NLE so they play back at 24p. If you wish to get to a higher frame rate then you will need to output 2K RAW via SDI, which the Sumo can record in CinemaDNG up to 120p or in ProRes RAW up to 240p.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company