Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
  1. Collapse Details
    Really would prefer to see videos from the camera, not of the camera.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    New review at Pro Video Coalition:

https://www.provideocoalition.com/re...brian-hallett/
    Jaime VallÚs
    AJV Media
    Video, Photography & Graphic Design: www.ajvmedia.com

3. Collapse Details
    I fooking hate these 'reviews'. no one is going to use this to film some fields and then not grade the footage.

The camera is for vox pops and following people around. Skin tones? Management of backlight portraits.

Clearly Brian has no friends and not even the social skills to set up a sequence in his local cofee shop.

Is it comfy to hold?
    Can you neatly stow a lav receiver?

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    https://youtu.be/glC1I-wK4Z4

Canon XF705 4K footage of Caerus Mardi Gras Parade 2019 in Hattiesburg, MS.

I apologize in the beginning for this video. It was spur-of-the-moment and most of my attention was focused on keeping the camera steady on my lightweight tripod (top-heavy with at least 10 pounds) and dry under my windblown parka which was tied over it by the sleeves. I used to do view camera photography. The coat worked well as a dark cloth. I could not see the screen without it.From now on I am going to shoot with my SD PIX-E5 mounted on the back cold shoe with my dark cloth over the entire rig except the lens opening and the protruding microphones (I have my VP88 and Rode NTG3 camera mounted). I might even be able to figure a way to flip and reverse the image to match a view camera glass. That used to work wonders for composition. I am going to try one of my old dark cloths on it but I will probably end up with something waterproof and lighter weight. (I am old enough that I don't care what anyone thinks about what I look like or do). LOL

On this day the camera had to take care of itself. Everything (WB, Focus, Gain, IS) was on auto except the all-auto button which was off (the reason it was off is because it will set the shutter at something that I don't want). The ND was set at 1/16 because the sun kept almost shining and overexposing with any less ND. The WDR profile was used. Frame rate 60P. Shutter 180 degrees. Default in-camera sharpening. Standard image stabilization was on. It was a blue day all the way. I decided to leave it that way.

The sound was the left channel of a camera-mounted Shure VP88 mid-side microphone with the VP88's decoder set on medium stereo width with the left channel run into a Sound Devices MixPre D preamp with 80 Hz cut and default SD limiter settings. This was run into the line input for Channel One of the XF705 with Channel One recorded into Channel 1 and 2. I did this because all of the sound was on my left.

As usual change file names to .MPG, convert to ProRes 422 HD in Media Encoder, edit in Premiere Pro, no image manipulation, export to h.264 mpeg at 50 Mbs and upload to YouTube.

I uploaded 4K and it played at 4K for a while but presently seems to be available only in 1080 HD. (Maybe too many people are playing it - LOL)

https://youtu.be/TCcnvkYtQIE

Shorter better 4K 30P version with color by Film Convert WB 6800 Fuji Eterna profile and uploaded in 25 Mbs file
    Last edited by WBS; 02-26-2019 at 08:14 PM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213