1. Collapse Details
    The Dreaded "Camera Wouldn't Shut Off, Bad Card" thread
    I used a prograde SD card... https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...xc_uhs_ii.html

Is this going to happen often? The card specs look good but in perusing this and other forums, it sounds like the DVX200 is very finicky about SD cards, no matter what the brand.

2. Collapse Details
    The consensus in the forum seems to be.....use Sandisk Extreme Pro. I do, and have never had an issue.

3. Collapse Details
    I rotate between SanDisk Extreme Pro cards and Lexar Professionals- no issues with either one.

4. Collapse Details
    Looking at the specs on the OP's card, it is a UHS-II SDXC. If I recall the DVX is NOT compatible with UHS-II cards and specifies UHS-I cards. While the card manufacturers sometimes state the II's would be backwards compatible with the I's that's not always the case. A web search shows that while some are, their performance usually degrades so much when used in UHS-I devices they are actually slower than a decent UHS-I card - assuming the device can function at all. I've never stuck a UHS-II card in my DVX, but suspect the DVX simply doesn't like it. BTW, the OP's cards are supposedly very good indeed, but ProGrade does not seem to be developing a UHS-I version which is really too bad. If they did, I'd probably jump to using them. I'd try a decent UHS-I card and I bet the card errors et. al. will be resolved.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelA View Post
    Looking at the specs on the OP's card, it is a UHS-II SDXC. If I recall the DVX is NOT compatible with UHS-II cards and specifies UHS-I cards. ... I'd try a decent UHS-I card and I bet the card errors et. al. will be resolved.
    Thanks for the info. I had always believed that UHS-II would be better in every situation.

6. Collapse Details
    I'd think that too... using various camera platforms I ended up getting way more of an education about memory cards than I ever thought I'd need. Their performance & ratings are not always intuitively obvious, and frankly some of how they are rated doesn't make a lot of sense! I did arrive at a cross platform card (the SanDisk Extreme Pro) that I can use in the DSLR's, DVX, HFG, C100, etc. So far so good. But I'm sure the day will come when that changes and something I'll end up with will require a different, dedicated card spec or media. Oh, almost forgot... Not all SDXC-I cards are the same... look for C10 U3 ratings so it will be fast enough to record 4K. Double check in the manual, as the minimum cards specs for 4K are spelled out pretty well and I don't think they have changed since the camera was introduced.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    From Panasonics DVX200 spec sheet: https://pro-av.panasonic.net/en/prod...vx200_spec.pdf

Recording Media:
    SDHC memory card (4 GB to 32 GB),
    SDXC memory card (48 GB to 128 GB),
    UHS-I supported
    *An SD card with a capacity of UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) is
    required to shoot videos with a bit rate of 100 Mbps or higher.
    An SDXC card with a capacity of 64 GB or more and UHS Speed
    Class 3 (U3) is required to shoot UHD 2160/59.94p/50.00p videos
    with a bit rate of 150 Mbps or higher.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.