Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Collapse Details
    Yeah, but you all are assuming a guy who can't even spell Canon right is going to take the time to search "Stolen C300" on Google, search through multiple pages (since it doesn't even come up on the 1st page of Google currently), and then what? The Ebay listing is already finished.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    Yeah, but you all are assuming a guy who can't even spell Canon right is going to take the time to search "Stolen C300" on Google, search through multiple pages (since it doesn't even come up on the 1st page of Google currently), and then what? The Ebay listing is already finished.
    Sadly, it's about fast turnover. The guy stole it and sells it for fast cash. Now onto the next victim.
    Doubtful the thief will spend enough time searching online to read this thread. I hope he/they get caught. I know what it's like to be robbed. It's great others chimed in to help track down some of this. Now if only they can nail him

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JPNola View Post
    http://buyerauctionmanager.com/find-...n-auction.aspx

That's a bummer about your theft, Eric.

As to some earlier posts that I found to be fear-mongering: The vast majority of Craigslist purchases are made without incident. Likely on the order of +99.9% of the time. People being shot or in any way assaulted during Craiglist marketplace dealings is extremely rare. As for Atlanta being "the murder capital of the South", I also take issue with that claim. We here in New Orleans hold that title. The city of Atlanta isn't even in the top 5 in the South. Stop trying to steal our thunder, bro.
    Exactly. It seemed like a total overreaction to me.

But everyone has a different level of personal risk threshold they're happy to live with. Personally I grew up in the roughest part of town, but I understand if folks who grew up a sheltered life have a different view on life.

A compromise approach would be to agree to meet with the seller at a public place, like at a McD's in a mall.

But I'd prefer meeting them at their home, as then you know where they live ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    Exactly. A guy who can't spell a brand name right which is CLEARLY WRITTEN ON THE CAMERA right in front of him then isn't the smartest cookie or the most diligently thorough thief either.

Quote Originally Posted by JPNola View Post
    Again, your suggestion that a person is significantly more likely to be shot while trying to recover stolen goods in Atlanta than they are in any number of U.S. cities is silly. The rate of incidence of anyone being shot while attempting to recover stolen personal items is statistically infinitesimal. One has more chance of getting a C300 to be well-balanced and comfortable rig.
    Hahaha!
    Am a Sound Recordist in New Zealand: http://ironfilm.co.nz/sound/
    Follow my vlog and adventures in sound: https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567