Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickHitRecord View Post
    Just wrapped production on a music video I shot almost exclusively with my two C100 I's (one of the three cameras on the band was a 5D III shooting raw). WideDR all the way.

Would it have looked better with a more recent camera? Maybe. But I'm convinced it was the right choice for this shoot which involved a lot hiking and shooting in blowing snow.
    Lovely footage from the C100 MKI. You're right that perhaps it would look good in a newer camera, though in the right hands, these original Canon cinema cameras are still able to pull a punch in late 2018, and the used models quickly sell in eBay, Adorama and B&H.
    Last edited by 03recon; 11-09-2018 at 01:04 AM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Josh Bass & 03recon, thanks for the feedback. I haven't done extensive side-by-side comparisons with the new crop of cameras, but the original C100 continues to serve me well and my clients are always happy with the footage. An upgrade to a C200 is imminent, but I'll probably hang on to the C100s (at least one of them). It's just a solid camera that's easy to use, especially when paired with an external recorder.

3. Collapse Details
    C100 is still a great camera if you don't need 4K and these days, honestly, few people need 4K cameras, they want 4K cameras. I regret that I had to sell my C100 MKI to finance my C200.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

4. Collapse Details
    The only thing that I really whish it had is more frame rate options. At least 1080/60p and it would be nice. The C100mkii has it though.
    Canon C100, GH4, HPX250, HPX170, GH2, Jimmy jib lite, Portajib Explorer, Advanta jib

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_EX View Post
    The only thing that I really whish it had is more frame rate options. At least 1080/60p and it would be nice. The C100mkii has it though.
    I agree, especially the Mark I.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_EX View Post
    The C100mkii has it though.
    A lot of people thought the MKII wasn't worth the upgrade from the OG, but to me all the tweaks added up to a much better camera. In fact I'd call the MKII the "perfect" HD camera (for me).

I kinda wish I hadn't sold it. If the MKIII has 4K (no raw) and on-body XLRs I'd probably jump back in.

7. Collapse Details
    I'm starting to wonder if there will even be a C100 mkIII or if the C200 was the answer to that call.

8. Collapse Details
    It was an answer to that call but they can also make a cheaper, restricted 4K model.

They will most likely never release an HD-only camera ever again (besides their super inexpensive DSLRs).

---

I would actually love if someone made a super high-end 1080p camera with its image off an 8K chip.

9. Collapse Details
    If they updated the mkii with 8bit 4k with the same bit rate as the xc15, I'd buy 3. Maybe even an updated handle so it rotates without the screw... And 2 xlr's on the body.... 1 cfast slot. Clog 3....production cam.....

10. Collapse Details
    It has been quite a while. It feels like they need a $4,500.00 4K EOS Cinema camera in their lineup but who knows? Canon's cinema camera strategy is always a mystery and they usually do something that none of us were expecting.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast