Page 3 of 139 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    My FUJIFILM X-T3 review and sample footage. A pity the weather was so bad but happy we can not control that...
    https://www.cinema5d.com/fujifilm-x-t3-review/

Thanks!
    Johnnie

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    I'll have to look at the specs., haven't really been following the new Fuji models as well as I should. And still cautious after reading all the wonderful things about the new video features of the XT1 and buying one only to find out that it has massive moire to the point of unusable in any 60p mode. Maybe I'll rent an XT3 and see what I think, but too busy to worry about it right now and the XT1 is still doing stills just fine for my needs and GH2 doing fine for what I need in video.

3. Collapse Details
    Very intrigued by Fuji but not ready to dive into a whole new system with a whole new lens mount for a company that has a lot more chance of going under than Canon, Nikon, Sony or Panasonic does. Fuji has color going for it but honestly if I am interested in a film making camera its hard to consider a compressed DSLR vs the Pocket 4k shooting raw or ProRes422. I like what I see but that same can be said for the Pocket 4k as well which has a lower price point and I can adapt just about any lens I want to it.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Smet View Post
    I like what I see but that same can be said for the Pocket 4k as well which has a lower price point and I can adapt just about any lens I want to it.
    You can also adapt any lens to the Fuji as well.

I do it now:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/searc...op+Nav-Search=
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by squig View Post
    cinema5D have measured the video at 11.2 stops
    I can't argue if that's right or wrong, but it's worth mentioning that number comes from the same chart that rates the FS7 at 12 stops.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken1212 View Post
    A very solid contender, 4:20 10 bit internal 4k/60p and 4:2:2 external. Solid autofocus but no IBS. It's now all in Panasonic's court to rock the market.
    Arguably this is just them almost catching up to Panasonic.

Which is none the less VERY IMPRESSIVE!

Seeing as I view Panasonic as the market leaders, and only a couple of years ago nobody would seriously consider Fujifilm for filmmaking.
    Am a Sound Recordist in New Zealand: http://ironfilm.co.nz/sound/
    Follow my vlog and adventures in sound: https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel H View Post
    The XT3 is $1500 body only, vs $1300 for the p4k.
    You need to factor in the cost of the Atomos Ninja V though.

Quote Originally Posted by squig View Post
    cinema5D have measured the video at 11.2 stops
    Would be good to stop believing whatever Cinema5D says

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Smet View Post
    Very intrigued by Fuji but not ready to dive into a whole new system with a whole new lens mount for a company that has a lot more chance of going under than Canon, Nikon, Sony or Panasonic does. Fuji has color going for it but honestly if I am interested in a film making camera its hard to consider a compressed DSLR vs the Pocket 4k shooting raw or ProRes422. I like what I see but that same can be said for the Pocket 4k as well which has a lower price point and I can adapt just about any lens I want to it.
    You can adapt any DSLR lens to a X mount camera.

Also Fuji makes their very very nice 18-55 + 50-135 T2.9 cine zooms! Which you can swap around from one mount to the next: FZ / X / MFT / E! And I bet Z and R mount are coming soon too.
    Am a Sound Recordist in New Zealand: http://ironfilm.co.nz/sound/
    Follow my vlog and adventures in sound: https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFilm View Post
    Arguably this is just them almost catching up to Panasonic.

Which is none the less VERY IMPRESSIVE!

Seeing as I view Panasonic as the market leaders, and only a couple of years ago nobody would seriously consider Fujifilm for filmmaking.
    At this point in time, IMO, anything that's ever being compared to Panasonic mirrorless specs should have an asterisk at the end of the statement:

"If not considering the sensor size."

This is the first APS-C mirrorless camera to provide 4K/60p. Everything else is MFT or smaller, or FF (with a crop...1DX Mark II).

So in this regard Panasonic has to catch up with Fuji. And so does Canon, Sony, Nikon, and Olympus.

---

Information by a brain may be (and is) processed in many ways.

There is always an argument for the strengths and weaknesses of any camera.

9. Collapse Details
    Keep in mind you lose all electronic optimization (CA correction, etc.) when you use non-Fujinon lenses with adapters. Smartly, at least from a marketing standpoint, Fuji built in electronic optimization for their own lenses, which really do look nice and the color science on all of the Fujis is pretty good, better than Sony, I would say equal or perhaps a smidge better than the GH5/GH5S. I did get to play with the XH-1 with the two Fujinon Cine lenses and it's a nice setup.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFilm View Post
    Would be good to stop believing whatever Cinema5D says
    BMD marketed the BMMCC as a 13 stop camera, I bought one and tested it extensively against the 5D Mk3 raw (11.7 stops), and sold the BMMCC because it couldn't match the 5D in DR in the grade; so there's that.

Full disclosure: I've known the cinema5D guys for a long time, I was a mod on their forum; having said that I dis anyone who is deserving, but DR is subjective, and until there's a standardised test that everybody agrees on (good luck with that) you can't know for sure until you do your own tests. What I like about cinema5D's tests is they've used the same methodology for a number of cameras, like how Samuel's used the same methodology for his rolling shutter tests, and I trust his tests, I should because I participated in some of them . Rolling shutter's a lot easier to measure than dynamic range however, skew isn't subjective.
    Last edited by squig; 09-07-2018 at 04:33 AM.
    gamma-movie.com The Indie Gathering 2016 Sci-Fi feature screenplay award winner.

Page 3 of 139 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast